investment op

dk2

Registered
hi all im moving to argentina ,b a soon,to hopefully live out the rest of my days and would love to know the best way to invest my money and earn a steady living..my spanish is poor but obviously gonna learn, hope someone can help me and give me some suggestions. i absolutly love the place , the lifestyle,the hours ,the ladys ,the food and of course the football.
thanks for your time

"dk2" said:
hi all im moving to argentina ,b a soon,to hopefully live out the rest of my days and would love to know the best way to invest my money and earn a steady living..my spanish is poor but obviously gonna learn, hope someone can help me and give me some suggestions. i absolutly love the place , the lifestyle,the hours ,the ladys ,the food and of course the football.
thanks for your time
Invest in anywhere else than Argentina. That's where. Live on what you need here but never on what you want.

dk2, they will surely love you here. Since you have already decided to come over, just pack your bags and wing it, in a manner of speaking. Life is an adventure, right? There are lots of things to invest in here, there is real estate, rentals, etc. and then there is soy or wine making. if you have the money, there is no problem. Loads of stuff, just make sure you understand the spanish before signing your life away, this is an advise I would give anyone anywhere (so please do not take offense).
Come and join the fun here. There is never a boring moment in the city and in the country. Tango and good music til early hours of the morning, museums, leisurely spending time at the street cafes...never a dull moment for there is always something going on. New words to learn each time desabasticimiento, reabasticimiento, abasticimiento and retenciones, carpas, fun stuff like that... Your euros will surely go a long way here...everyone will love you here really; re: the ladies - each man's experience is unique so just come on over and join the happy gang....BsAs is waiting for you with open arms. Now is as good as any to come to establish your life here..but again that is just my opinion.

DK2, I am excited for you, your gonna have a blast. As Matty said, buying the right property in the right location and putting it on a short term rental program is one of the better investments. Just be sure to do your homework and make sure your team is solid, and it will be money well spent. Please post about your experiences with the ladies, always makes for good reading. Suerte!

wat u on about ghost?weirdo and u the othere guy, not much help either!!hmmmm
anyway still pushing to move over in a couple of months ,gonna buy a couple of propertys and rent them out..i wont be living there permently, just for the summer months...mmmmmm long hot summers ,ladys football and booze....
cant wait...
anyone on my planet???

Not sure what kind of help you need. You want to come over, come over. Plain and simple. You want to party. Party time is 24-7. Investment you want - you need the language, the understanding of the mechanics of doing real estate transaction (diff. than anywhere else in the world!) we say bring your money and HAVE A BLAST. BsAs is the place for you, but you have to understand that there are expats here, you might not get along with them..but oh, you are not going to be living with us here, you will just come for "visits" and not join us when the subte is not working, there is a big traffic jam in downtown, prices of food going up faster than we make up with the hours at work...You bring your money and invest here. opportunites are every where you want it to be.
Do not listen to what the expats say here - we do not know anything. We just so happen to live dig deep in muck in the trenches of Argentina. ..the place that you want to visit.
I am just being truthful here and sometimes it may seem rude but what I say is true.

Hi,
If you're not living here permanently it's obviously not the best idea to have all your funds and/or investments in Argentina given the economic and banking history. I provide expats with financial planning advice including savings, investment and banking in safe and secure offshore tax havens which will give you security and global access. If you want more information let me know at [email protected].
David

Read my posts, you will see I am not one of the niegh saters, but invest your money elsewhere, get a steady income, then come here and enjoy.
Property here is still fairly cheap in world terms, but the hastle tends to put off foriegn buyers. Most locals no longer trust the banks, and so they invest their money in property, this means that the market is saturated with rental property. Bed and breakfasts for tangueros is still a possibility, but stear clear of putting all your money in propery, as when you try to move back to wherever you hail from, transfering money out could be a worse problem than moving it in. Argentina does not encorage foriegn investment or for that matter immigration, despite its history. Buenos Aires is still a good place to stay, and reletively cheap compared with most european cities. All I would say is don't burn your bridges, and good luck.

Back