Is 10k U$S límit to bring to Argentina per person?

gonzalob54

Registered
What about my girlfriend, as we are traveling together...can she bring another 10 k also?

Yes.

Bear in mind this is about the amount of undeclared money crossing borders so you should also be mindful of the cash limits for the country of your departure and any countries you will transit through.

Perhaps it's per person ? minors under 16 only 5K... If you carry $9999 Us plus Arg pesos it adds up, can be fined.

Perhaps it's per person ? minors under 16 only 5K... If you carry $9999 Us plus Arg pesos it adds up, can be fined.

The AFIP page doesn't make it clear that the limit is per person, and I have heard of the limit being applied per family group (not in Argentina), so maybe the OP needs to abandon his girlfriend at customs :)

fairly sure the US entry rules are per traveling group. i am not sure about ARG, but i would be cautious about carrying too much traveling together

Yes.

Bear in mind this is about the amount of undeclared money crossing borders so you should also be mindful of the cash limits for the country of your departure and any countries you will transit through.
This is super important for Brazil, where it's still 10K BRL from the plano real days, now worth $2,050 USD; pretty big difference

If you are not married, each of you may bring up to a total equivalent to USD 9.999,00 in any currencies. You may bring more than that if you declare what you bring, it is legal but I think that a person's security may be at risk.

Back