Is airbnb like the only way to get a rental now?

WoodbridgeNJ

Registered
I used to come to Argentina frequently 15 years ago back then it was all about craigslist. Now I'm looking for a short term rental and craigslist is completely empty? I'm getting old and technology has passed me by because I just can't deal with airbnb for some reason. Is there like no alternative?

Damn I miss craigslist so many friends I met on there and beautiful apartments I rented from there

I used to use craigslist about ten years ago to share a room in an apartment for a few months each visit. I just went there, and it seems to still have some rental opportunities. But Airbnb has definitely changed the market.

Oh yeah I'm seeing some stuff on craigslist now thanks, i must have been in the wrong section

BTW is it normal to rent a place for 1 or 2 months on airbnb or is it more for a few days like a hotel?

Oh yeah I'm seeing some stuff on craigslist now thanks, i must have been in the wrong section

BTW is it normal to rent a place for 1 or 2 months on airbnb or is it more for a few days like a hotel?
I’ve been hopping airbnbs a couple of weeks at a time but that’s because of my habit of leaving everything to the last minute. I’ve not seen any other rental sites where I can secure accommodation with a couple of days notice

It will be easy to find a place on airbnb for 1 or 2 months. Some owners will even rent for a year or so.

If you use Facebook, there are lots of short term rentals in the group "Buenos Aires- Real estate".

Depends on what you are looking for, there is soloduenios (sorry I don't have the enie on my American keyboard) or zonaprop, and there are others as well. Another interesting one is couchsurfing app. You can find a place to stay for free, but you have to have a reputation. Generally the way it works is, you let someone stay at your place for free, then they qualify you. Once you build a reputation, then you could start travelling, and staying in places for free.

Depends on what you are looking for, there is soloduenios (sorry I don't have the enie on my American keyboard) or zonaprop, and there are others as well. Another interesting one is couchsurfing app. You can find a place to stay for free, but you have to have a reputation. Generally the way it works is, you let someone stay at your place for free, then they qualify you. Once you build a reputation, then you could start travelling, and staying in places for free.
If you hold down the Alt key and type 164 the ñ will appear when you release the Alt key

alt 164 for ñ
alt 163 for ú
alt 162 for ó
alt 161 for í
alt 160 for á
alt 130 for é

alt 168 for ¿
alt 173 for ¡

Must admit even Airbnb is shockingly sparse at the moment. I am due to move out on Sunday and there’s hardly anywhere available to move in on Sunday, really shocked me when I was looking today. I found a place that seems half alright but I’m at the behest of a 24 hour acceptance request on behalf of the host. Really seems dire though the current state of availability

Back