Is Argentina truly rabies free for dogs?

I took the dog to the vet, who told me there is not a single hospital in all of Santa Fe that has the rabies vaccine for humans.

I took the dog to the vet, who told me there is not a single hospital in all of Santa Fe that has the rabies vaccine for humans.

I'm not surprised...probaly a thousand more times likelier to catch the Covid.

I was walking the puppy of my kid's mother and as we passed a home (the sort of home where the family is living on public assistance and is economically challenged), a dog that lives at the home attacked the puppy. It gave her a pretty deep gash in her hind leg before I could kick it off her. Because it was a weekend in the interior, not vet was open so I tried to treat her myself by shaving the area and applying an anti-biotic I bought at the pharmacy and than bandaging her. She seems fine....BUT she's a puppy....so it is constantly play-biting me, but enough to break the skin. And she has not had a rabies vaccination yet because she is 4 months old. So we could both potentially have rabies. But from Google searching, Argentina is rabies-free for dogs.....
You have to go or talk with Pasteur Institute they is in front of Hospital Durand at Parque Centenario.. They are going to ask about the dog that bite it. At Hospital Durand they have speciist for rabies for humans.

Attachments

• 308BEE52-C9AA-4FF9-9A1B-A37CE2D50FAB.png
    308BEE52-C9AA-4FF9-9A1B-A37CE2D50FAB.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
Dog rabies is quite rare, exceptional.
Not the case for bats and occasional rats. Often enough detected here and there.

Never heard of a rabid cat. On the other hand, when it comes to rabbits, you can purchase a Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch at Dia or Carrefour Express.

Vaccine and observation or treatment is SOP in case of biting.

Iz

go the hospital ASAP. Rabies free countries do not exist. Maybe some islands or smthg like that, but countries- no.

anti-biotic

Antibiotics do not work against rabies as it is a virus. What you should do right away is washing the bite with jabon blanco (soap for washing clothes the most harsh one) and go to the doctor same moment to start the vaccination righ away.

If your puppy will not die during next 10 days its usually considered not rabies and the vaccination can be stopped after that (some countries have a year plan of vaccionation against rabies, for ex)

play-biting me

If you get saliva of the infected animal it can be enought to get the virus(it is deadly virus) as you may have unnoticable micro defects/sratches on the skin - it is enough. Once again the animal must be isolated from humans and other animals for 10 days minimum.

go the hospital ASAP. Rabies free countries do not exist. Maybe some islands or smthg like that, but countries- no.
Australia and New Zealand are rabies free countries according to their governments.

Back