Is BA the Right Place for Me?

Joe, there's been a lot of great feedback and some excellent comments. First, let me remind you, what you see on vacation like some said is always with rosy colored glasses. It's a different ballgame when you're living full time somewhere, particularly if you don't speak the language very well. We made three trips to BA before making the move and it was still nothing like we remembered from our trips. We went through the process of having a child, registering that child, getting her dual passports and I was reminded that the government process is that same the world over - a pain in the ass - but it was so much more difficult trying to do things in another language. I tell you this in case you decide to do a pensioners visa, be forewarned there will be a lot of headache. Can you live in BA on 1500 dollars a month? yes if you are careful with your money. I don't know what kind of apartment you are looking for and how quiet you need but 500 is the barest minimum for something decent. The landlords are definitely enjoying the rising numbers of people visiting and moving to BA and are making sure they rent for top dollar. You might want to consider Mendoza for a more laid back atmosphere and as a previous poster said, it is *damn* hot in BA in the summer. And there's nothing like having the electric company do a random shut off of the power grid to conserve power. Yea electric is cheap but there is a tradeoff for that. You will definitely pay A LOT less for health insurance than what you pay in the States. We have Medicus and pay for the three of us approximately 200.00 US per month which we could never do in the U.SVisawhys you could consider a rentista visa based on your investments or your pensioners visa if you have already done your retirement and can prove it. Also, you might consider living in the suburbs - Martinez, Acassuso, San Isidro, etc. not completely crime free but a lot quieter and less smoggy. Hope this helps,Laura
Ebook Moving to and Living in Buenos Aires, Argentina
http://movingtoargentina.typepad.com

Back