Is BsAs over rated?

Haha, Love your quote. I suppose this sums it up. BA is not really in the top 5 for anything and coming from London its hard to accept there is nothing much to do at 7pm on a friday and the restaurants and galleries aren't up to much.

But hey I suppose life is what you make it.

expatinowncountry said:
Coming back to the title of the thread "Is Buenos Aires overrated"... it really depends on what you came to look for... if as the OP said, he came for bars and clubs... there are much better place than BA to do this. Now, if you are talking about what the city has to offer as a whole, it depends on the tradeoff you are willing to accept.

Once, visiting Shanghai for work a colleague took me to an excellent Chinese restaurant. When I complimented her on the Chinese food she said "A happy man is someone who married a Japanese woman, eats Chinese food, lives in a British house, and earns American salaries" and then she added "You have to be careful when looking for this because you could end up living in a Japanese apartment, eating British food, earning Chinese salaries, and married to an American woman". What I get from this (besides that this Chinese woman did not like American women) is that there is no perfect place and life is multidimensional... If you came to Buenos Aires for the best bards/clubs you should have gone to Ibiza/Vegas/Dubai. If you came for the best cultural events you should have gone to Paris/NYC/London. If you came for the best salaries, you should have gone to Qatar. If you came looking for the cleaness city you should have moved to Zurich. The most spectacular views Rio de Janeiro/Cape Town. The best food maybe France... Buenos Aires does not rank top 5 on any thing, except maybe for good looking woman. On the other hand Buenos Aires does OKish in many aspects and if that is the mix that suits you, this is the place for you.
Having lived (not travelled for two weeks) in 8 countries and two dozen cities, I am still looking for the perfect place...

robwerwe said:
Haha, Love your quote. I suppose this sums it up. BA is not really in the top 5 for anything and coming from London its hard to accept there is nothing much to do at 7pm on a friday and the restaurants and galleries aren't up to much.

But hey I suppose life is what you make it.

Depends what you're into I suppose, after 5 years living in London I was ready to swim home, I hated it that much. The nightlife was self obsessed and boring and the people cold and unwelcoming.

OH NO. It sounds like the same as here!!!! (Italy) We are arriving on Saturday so I will do my best to hunt out a few spots and share them with you.
It looks like my liver is in for a holiday as its sounding like alcohol is expensive. Good wine is cheaper than milk here. Errrrrr just remind me why I'm in BA for two years?

Back