Is It Fair To Compare Cfk With The Junta?

Joe

Registered
http://www.thecommen...lklands_in_1982

Just a week before Galtieri sent troops to invade the islands, thousands of Argentines had been arrested when union and human rights activists led a protest against wage freezes, triple-digit inflation and military rule. The protest was the biggest that had taken place since the 1976 coup that brought the junta to power, but according to the New York Times, after troops landed on the Falklands, “thousands waved flags and honked auto horns in cadence as they chanted ‘Argentina! Argentina!’ General Galtieri went on television to promise, ‘We will not retreat.’”

Now that we've seen major protests against CFK, is a second invasion in the cards?

Remember the UK no longer has an aircraft carrier - which means Argentina would have air superiority if they could knock out the airfield on the Falklands!

This may be CFK's only chance of getting another support to change the constitution and cling to power.

tp-argentina-falklands-protest8196080.jpg

It's more likely that a satellite be launched from Cordoba as predicted by former President Menem :D

The "Unmentionable" predicted a shuttle service between Argentina and Japan in just a few hours. Goes to show you he wasn't used to Customs and Immigrations, at least in his own country.

We have no intentions, we have no means, there's no armed forces and even if there were any, they would not join the current Powers That Be in another insane adventure.
We have no sympathy left for us in the international community and last but not least, we learned our lesson. And by that, I do not mean the military one but the one about being duped as a Nation by a failing rulling clique.

yes, the Argentines will use lawnmowers and leaf blowers to take Mount Pleasant air base.

yes, the Argentines will use lawnmowers and leaf blowers to take Mount Pleasant air base.

That's so funny that you say that about lawnmowers! Last week I went to visit a former neighbor and friend if mine who moved out of capital and now live in a very nice large tudor style house in Adrogué. There is a big lawn in the front of the house that needs serious grass cutting, so we rode all over the south of Gran Buenos Aires, looking for one, from Avellaneda, Berazategui, La Plata, etc and NOBODY had ANY electric or gas lawnmowers in stock! So maybe they can take the Mount Pleasant air base over with hair dryers, maybe forks and knives?

The only way the Argentinian military will get to the Falklands is swimming. All the assets that are still operational in the Argentinian navy are currently being held in Africa.

CFK could use her Special Relationship with Hugo to convince Cuba to lend a commando unit to take out the airfield in The Falklands and then Argentina would have air superiority! This would be grander than beating Brazil in the World Cup!

0C0084-C0650.jpg

Two Gloster Meteors (I-003 and I-006), one Vickers Viking, one DH-104 Dove, one C-47 Skytrain (T-51), one AT-11 Kansan, two G.55 Centauros (Ea-23 and C-09) and a Bristol Freighter (T-34) parked on 9 de Julio Avenue between Lavalle and Tucumán streets for the II Aeronautical Expo, Buenos Aires, 1947 (photo: Argentine National Archives #321499/B73499).​

http://www.gacetaeronautica.com/gaceta/wp-102/?p=363

we learned our lesson. And by that, I do not mean the military one but the one about being duped as a Nation by a failing rulling clique.
Congratulations, I wish I could say the same for the citizens of my own country! They keep get fooled over and over again into unwinnable military adventures in foreign lands.

That's so funny that you say that about lawnmowers! Last week I went to visit a former neighbor and friend if mine who moved out of capital and now live in a very nice large tudor style house in Adrogué. There is a big lawn in the front of the house that needs serious grass cutting, so we rode all over the south of Gran Buenos Aires, looking for one, from Avellaneda, Berazategui, La Plata, etc and NOBODY had ANY electric or gas lawnmowers in stock! So maybe they can take the Mount Pleasant air base over with hair dryers, maybe forks and knives?

and you know where all the lawnmowers are? down in patagonia, readying for the off. I was just guessing before - now I'm certain!

I hope they use grass collector boxes, or it will get real messy down there.

Back