Is It Possible To Wire Dollars From Usa?

Carloncho

Registered
Anybody knows if it is possible to wire dollars from a bank in USA to a branch in Baires? Is that illegal?

Why would that be illegal?

Your best bet is Xoom (plenty of threads), going to Colonia (Uruguay) to withdraw dollars or to open a bank account in Uruguay (takes 60 minutes) and make SWIFTs to credit your account there.

Answer provided with the context you provided of course. You might also find "casas de cambio" or even people on this forum who could work out a solution for you (I'm not involved in such things but this can be done for sure)

You can wire from your US bank to Arg, it is legal and you will receive pesos at the official peso / dollar exchange rate. You will not receive dollars. If you need dollars in Arg, or the blue peso / dollar exchange rate ( +/- 30% higher than the official ) you will have to find and alternate way.

You can wire from your US bank to Arg, it is legal and you will receive pesos at the official peso / dollar exchange rate. You will not receive dollars. If you need dollars in Arg, or the blue peso / dollar exchange rate ( +/- 30% higher than the official ) you will have to find and alternate way.

"5.35 to 1" x 1.3 DOES NOT EQUAL "8.3 to 1"

Your math is funky.

However, "5.35 to 1" x ~1.55 = "8.3 to 1"

So I would say that the Blue Rate is ~55% HIGHER than the official rate. But then again, I've always been pretty good with numbers.

"5.35 to 1" x 1.3 DOES NOT EQUAL "8.3 to 1"

Your math is funky.

However, "5.35 to 1" x ~1.55 = "8.3 to 1"

So I would say that the Blue Rate is ~55% HIGHER than the official rate. But then again, I've always been pretty good with numbers.

hehehe your math is better than mine, however the official rate is more like 5.42 ;) and when selling dollars you are most likely payed 8.15 blue rate so 44% better.

The fastest and least complicated way would to wire transfer to a cueva here in BA. You would get US funds this way.

I believe there is a limit per month of US$1500.00 Yes it can be done.Officially. But to who's account ? Your own ? A family member ? A cueva ?(No Limit.) How much are you sending ? Cueva will charge 2-3%......

Try Xoom....

I believe there is a limit per month of US$1500.00 Yes it can be done.Officially. But to who's account ? Your own ? A family member ? A cueva ?(No Limit.) How much are you sending ? Cueva will charge 2-3%......

Try Xoom....

Xoom charges 2% to get dollars in Uruguay (no dollars from xoom in Argentina), there's a limit of $3000/month (although this can be raised), and you have to go to Uruguay. Even with a raised limit, you can only bring 10,000 dollars from Uruguay each trip, and it's a security risk.

For large amounts, a cueva may a better option.

Back