Is It Time to Bail Out of the US?

admin said:
Sunday, 15 February

The Peron pattern[Washington Times]
The disastrous path on which America is currently embarked was tried in another country - in the Western Hemisphere: Juan Peron's Argentina. During the 1940s until a 1955 coup ousted him from power...

Thank you, Igor for this link. For almost a year I have been telling my Argentine friends that the US was following the Argentine economic model.

They almost always shake their heads in disbelief (though it's true).

In the past month (especially the past week) I have begun to shake my head in disbelief as well.

The economic recovery act is something I could not have imagined (unless it was part of an Ayn Rand novel), and it is just the beginning.

Guess I'd rather be in Argentina.

(Sung to the tune of John Denver's "Guess He'd Rather be in Colorado").

The Argentine people have many decades of experience "coping" with the "excess" of goverment (at this level).

The folks in the US have only just begun.

And that's a different tune, entirely.

"The Peron Pattern" is an interesting read, I especially recommend it to all of you out there on this forum who see President Obama as the political messhia who can do no wrong.....

Obama may not be the Messiah everyone was hopping for but comparing Obama's political agenda with Peron's political times of 60 years ago is totally abalone, Argentina is not USA and USA is not Argentina culturally and historically are two different countries.

If eventually the fall of grace the EE.UU become a reality it will be because of greed, intolerance, corruption and arrogance of the the political and financial class of that country and not because Peron's political structures and doctrines as this so called journalist implies, what a moron..

In the Peron's era Argentina shoot off to become one of the more technically advanced and socially equilibrated societies in this continent with a substantial social middle class base developing many new socially first progress structures to fight poverty and equality of class above any latinoamerican country of that time, unfortunately the internal opposition from those who were loosing they grip on the strings of power (the very rich and elite class of landlords) confabulated behind the curtains and orchestrated the dismiss and fall by a military coup of his government, then come the dark ages of this country until the new democratic process took over couple of decades ago but corruption remained after so many years of favoritism and corrupted politicians until the present days, probably this will be overcome in the not so distant future but unfortunately still with us in many aspects of our society.

Obama probably will fail mostly in his many attempts to revive and restore the power and prestige of that nation had enjoyed for so many years this is nor a certainly but it's a very real scenario and if this become a reality that will be the heavy price it had to pay a nation who become for better or worse an empire at his end, the ride of good times will fade away and decay will take over, infrastructure and society will suffer as Argentina very well knows all which may come very fast at the present situation and times indeed. But as a Phoenix it will rise from the ashes to become a great nation again but now more down to earth and not so pretentious, arrogant and influential on other nations as before.

Ah, Lucas; I think you've a very rosy view of humanity.

These are the latest proyections of the EIU (Economist Intelligence Unit's). Only two years ago there was only one country in red, Zimbabwe.

Note that the estimates are some kind of benevolent...as the situation is right now.

EIU Analysis

Back to the topic: Is it time to bail out of the US?

Who Is John Galt?

I have known the answer to that question for 40 years.

But I am not waiting for the radio broadcast.

It's all happening by default.

But I do find my own rhyme ironic.

bigbadwolf said:
Now why couldn't I guess you are an Ayn Rand devotee?

Are you serious?

You really didn't know?

I previously identified myself as an avid Rand reader and Ludwing Von Mieses devotee.

You didn't need to see that post to know, did you?

I'd be surprised to read that BigBad was one.

On second thought, keeping the preterite in place, I might not be.

Back