Is It Time To Make Peace ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a good(/bad) idea to split BAExpats to 2 sites ?

One site FOR, the other site AGAINST Argentina.

For example: Members of the AGAINST site can freely speak out their minds.
If anyone from the FOR site dares to contradict anything said on the AGAINST site, then they really deserve what they get.

This way you know where you´re stepping, ... no one lands on a mine !

All points of view are expressed amicably with civility, and no fear of confrontational breakouts or lash outs.
how about a third option: people looking for answers and help for living in and getting around Argentina and BA, and others offering answers and help without all the political opinionated BS.

how about a third option: people looking for answers and help for living in and getting around Argentina and BA, and other offering answers and help without all the political opinionated BS.

I think that most threads/topics that begin with a question about living in and getting around Argentina and BA receive a lot of helpful answers. Yes, some of the threads get a lot of political comments, but life in and around Capital Federal is profoundly affected by the political BS.

If anyone wants to escape many of the effects the political BS in Argentina, I suggest they try living in the country. Here it's like the government everyone complains about so much simply does not exist.

That's why I hardly ever comment about Argentine politics.

In 2012 I lost my job here and was unemployed for almost a year and looking to start a business that would at least supplement my dwindling savings and still support my family; the only people to have some sense of solidarity and courtesy were Davidglenn77 and Fabe. So I didn't want to be "that guy" who hides behind anonymity and spews opinion without substance; I've helped at least one or tried to help others in need because I've been there and understand the uncertainty of being away from the familiar. I would do the same again.

Expats and immigrants to North America have a lot more solidarity than what goes on here sometimes, and as far as the Argentine contributions, some are helpful folks and much appreciated, still the ones that do the same kind of spewing as some of the expat contributions (you know who you are)....save it, no one appointed you as representatives for Argentina. If you have nothing better to do than defend YOUR OPINIONS, go do it elsewhere. It's certainly not why I participate to this site. I live here and have my own opinions about where I live without someone starting an argument that others react to and end up diluting the topic altogether. So my expectations for this forum is maybe naive, but with hope that a shared experience breeds understanding.

Posting something just to get a rise out of the community is anti productive, and perhaps this idea does deserve options that are not so bound to politics and such.

I think that most threads/topics that begin with a question about living in and getting around Argentina and BA receive a lot of helpful answers. Yes, some of the threads get a lot of political comments, but life in and around Capital Federal is profoundly affected by the political BS.

If anyone wants to escape many of the effects the political BS in Argentina, I suggest they try living in the country. Here it's like the government everyone complains about so much simply does not exist.

That's why I hardly ever comment about Argentine politics.
You have been very amiable too Steve. I appreciate the advice about the drivers lic. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back