Is Mendoza Nice?

I'm not saying AR is a bad place to live to experience the culture temporarily but I wouldn't want to bet my retirement years on it in with any sense of permanency.

I made that decision more than 15 years ago and I haven't regretted it for a minute.

In fact, I love living here now more than ever.

Have you looked at the real estate listings for San Raphael, Pcia. Mendoza?

You would probably encounter more expats there (perhaps a few Brits) than in the city of Mendoza.
I think I prefer more of a city feel with Mendoza. I like the heat and I can take or leave socializing with fellow-expats.

Mendoza is beautiful I’d consider living there myself. You would need a good level of Spanish to be able to fit in though. Not sure what crime is like in the province but if you’re living in a house in the city you may make yourself an easy target if you stand out a lot.

I think there’s a few closed neighbourhood/gates communities around but they might not be your cup of tea either.

Mendoza is beautiful I’d consider living there myself. You would need a good level of Spanish to be able to fit in though. Not sure what crime is like in the province but if you’re living in a house in the city you may make yourself an easy target if you stand out a lot.

I think there’s a few closed neighbourhood/gates communities around but they might not be your cup of tea either.
I believe the 5th section is the most secure. There's a Metrotranvía which runs to Maipú. The dry climate would suit me. However as Steve pointed out the area is susceptible to earthquakes. It's a definite maybe, but unless I could insure my property at reasonable cost I'm not sure I would want to live there.

LMAO Yet here you are. Sorry but you opened that door.

It all depends on where "here" is.

I am still active on this forum for several reasons, the most importnat one is to help others understand what it's like to live in Argentina (either in CABA or in "el campo") and what it takes to get residency and/or citizenship as well as pay (or not) taxes and other things like shop using Mercado Libre and why it is SO good to have an Argentine banks account. but, as I indicated, I do not "socialize" with any expats and haven't since May 29, 2010.

So, you have nothing to be sorry for.

Neither do I.

PS: I consider 650km "safe" distancing.

Your guide to Mendoza. I don't think my life will be quite the same ever again..<iframe width="853" height="480" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back