Is Oprah On?

To be honest, I don't think I have ever seen a show of hers in Belgium (not an English speaking country). Although I know who she is : she is also mentioned in the paper, in songs, in magazines, in other TV shows...
Although I have never seen a show of hers, I don't feel like I have missed something. She has never been a subject of any of my 'conversations'...

You know, I am not sure how helpful we are. The original post only asked if they could still watch Oprah in Argentina or not. How do even the most innocent of posts always turn into a heated debate? Well, I guess that's what keeps this site interesting.

I admit I didn't know she wasn't as popular as I thought until I got here too. I remember trying to explain to somebody a reference made on TV about Oprah and they had no idea who I was talking about. As far as I know she's not on any station here. On a side note, sorry if you miss your favorite show, I suppose the only way to get her now is on the internet.

laureltp said:
You know, I am not sure how helpful we are. The original post only asked if they could still watch Oprah in Argentina or not. How do even the most innocent of posts always turn into a heated debate? Well, I guess that's what keeps this site interesting.

i completely agree with this. How can an innocent comment result in all this!

I feel that i have some thing to offer this site as my experience might be different to some.

From now on i'll only post solid advice. It's not worth being attacked by the people on here who seem so hell-bent on turning everything into some sort of argument.

Even Katti's comment where she put conversation into inverted commas- was that supposed to be some comment on oprah not being a proper conversation topic?? :eek:

Seriously people chill out-life is way to short to put constraints on yourself. it's way to short to go around attacking people who don't meet your impossibly high standards.

This is the internet, it's not real life. I'm so glad for that because if people treated each other in person like they do here then i'd never leave my house.

:(

Katser, thanks for the response :)
Don't worry about the rest of the thread. They're just embarrassing themselves.

hannstew said:
What about Jerry Springer? Now THAT is quality TV!!

I vouch for that one, what a great and instructive program that is but again someone prefers Oprah instead, I can't understand that..

Jerry!...Jerry!...Jerry!

Back