Is the DNI for naturalized citizens different?

ventanilla

Registered
Just wondering, or is it the same as with anyone else?

Asking for the purposes of getting a 2 year MERCOSUR visa in Uruguay. They don't seem to have a 5 year limitation for naturalized citizens like Chile and Argentina does.

Asking for the purposes of getting a 2 year MERCOSUR visa in Uruguay. They don't seem to have a 5 year limitation for naturalized citizens like Chile and Argentina does.
If Uruguay doesn't have this limitation, why do you care whether your DNI looks different or not? They will know it on the border anyway.

If Uruguay doesn't have this limitation, why do you care whether your DNI looks different or not? They will know it on the border anyway.

They (migraciones there) told me that the ID document needs to say 'Argentino/a' and to make sure it's not something like 'Argentino naturalizado'

I am a naturalized citizen of Argentina. My DNI indicates NACIONALIDAD ARGENTINA on the front. The back of the DNI includes the following information:
DOMICILIO:
LUGAR DE NACIMIENTO
NATURALIZADO FECHA
CERTIFICADO POR EXPEDIDO
POR JUZGADO: #
SECRETARIA #

The most obvious difference is the number of your DNI. Naturalized are 18 and 19 millions while native born are until 52 millions or more. I'm 25.

The most obvious difference is the number of your DNI. Naturalized are 18 and 19 millions while native born are until 52 millions or more. I'm 25.
Is it possible for a non-native born to have something other than 18 or 19? I know two children of Argentines, both born abroad, one has a 19 million one and one has a 50 million one. What is the difference?

Is it possible for a non-native born to have something other than 18 or 19? I know two children of Argentines, both born abroad, one has a 19 million one and one has a 50 million one. What is the difference?

Maybe naturalized and citizenship by option also can get 19?

I am thinking if you go straight to citizenship (without ever having a temp or perm residency) you get a the next DNI sequence, and if you get any type of residency first and get a DNI before citizenship you get the 18 or 19 sequence?

Back