Is the DNI for naturalized citizens different?

Why should it be relevant?
It's only relevant for the purpose of benefits in other Mercosur countries where in some cases these are limited to natural born citizens. Otherwise there is no difference.

It's only relevant for the purpose of benefits in other Mercosur countries where in some cases these are limited to natural born citizens. Otherwise there is no difference.
What would they define as a natural born citizen? Someone born there AND also someone with a birth right (born abroad to an Argentine citizen?) How do you prove that from your DNI to a MECROSUR country?

What would they define as a natural born citizen? Someone born there AND also someone with a birth right (born abroad to an Argentine citizen?) How do you prove that from your DNI to a MECROSUR country?
Natural born is either born on Argentine territory or to Argentine parent.

Indeed, also for Spanish citizenship through residency in Spain, which can be obtained after 2 years for Argentine citizens (instead of 10). A few years ago it was discussed in this forum that it might not be a possibility for non-natural-born Argentine citizens. But there doesn't seem to be any official information that is publicly available.

Indeed, also for Spanish citizenship through residency in Spain, which can be obtained after 2 years for Argentine citizens (instead of 10). A few years ago it was discussed in this forum that it might not be a possibility for non-natural-born Argentine citizens. But there doesn't seem to be any official information that is publicly available.
This is what lawyers are for…
CCE76720-4CA7-494D-973F-161A8564F622.jpeg

My understanding is that the only immediate benefit for residence for newly minted ARG citizens is in Brazil. ARG and BRL have a bilateral agreement (outside of MERCOSUR) granting their citizens (no mention of native born) the right of permanent residence if they move to the other country skipping the temporary residence altogether.

Hi guys,
If you recently, three days ago to be more specific, get a DNI as an Argentine naturalized, what's the next step in order to vote in the next elections? Thanks

Hi guys, If you recently, three days ago to be more specific, get a DNI as an Argentine naturalized, what's the next step in order to vote in the next elections? Thanks
WHAT ABOUT ARGENTINE NATURALIZED FOREIGNERS?
A naturalized foreigner is a nationalized Argentine and therefore, since he/she is 18 years old, he/she is eligible to be a voter and may vote in the National Elections of Argentina. Article 1 of the National Electoral Code states: Native Argentines and Argentines by option, from the age of sixteen (16) years old, and naturalized Argentines, from the age of eighteen (18) years old, are electors.

Thank you Gracielle. I appreciate your informative reply!

By the way, is it still possible to correct a very slight mistake of my birth city being misspelled on la Sentencia ? I noticed it only when I received my new Argentine DNI. I mean, is it ok to inform the Juzgado about it or I better not? Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
To correct, my birth city was misspelled in la Carta de ciudadanía, not in the sentencia.

Back