Is the Milei "Transformation" Failing Already?

I suspect this whole omnibus/ congress debacle was simply a planned Plan B in order to generate "enemies of the people" who will be made responsible for more painful than otherwise austerity measures over the next years in order to gain the votes his (and indeed a huge part of Argentine voters) agenda actually needs and wants in the mid-terms. Meanwhile he is testing the waters to see what he can "get away with" in the meantime and with who. I certainly would not write him or his planned reforms off as a failure already after barely two months in the job.
It certainly is nerve-wracking waiting to see whether he is a political genius who will somehow find a way through or a madman who will quickly go down in a blazing heap. I think it's going to be one or the other. But we probably won't know for quite some time yet.

It certainly is nerve-wracking waiting to see whether he is a political genius who will somehow find a way through or a madman who will quickly go down in a blazing heap. I think it's going to be one or the other. But we probably won't know for quite some time yet.
He almost constantly wears nothing but black leather jackets, has a number of cloned dogs and sports cop killer sideburns. I could go on. I hope he doesn't make too much of a mess of things before the tar and feathers.

He almost constantly wears nothing but black leather jackets, has a number of cloned dogs and sports cop killer sideburns. I could go on. I hope he doesn't make too much of a mess of things before the tar and feathers.
So you adored Christina's red hair?

whatever he is, it is better than the alternative was
We hope so, but only time will tell. His political inexperience is perhaps the main weakness he needs to improve on if he wants to get tangible changes made that can improve the economy and the wellbeing of the majority of the Argentine people.

Ay, Macri.
I've been afraid of the "Ah pero Macri" effect since Milei got elected, even without any involvement from Macri. That if he fails, the peronismo will incorrectly blame his failures on his policies -- (those up to now, at least, and which I mostly believe to be correct and needed -- apologies to those of you who disagree), and not to the fact that, like Macri, he didn't have enough congressional support to push through the necessary changes -- and go back to the same old ridiculous and dangerous policies, errors, corruption, absurdities, and all the rest, that got the country to where it is now.

We'll have to see how good a politician he can be. He has a strong mandate from the people, one of the strongest that any Argentine president has ever had. Let's see if he can take advantage of it.

I'm surprised at all the negative comments regarding Milei. He's been in office 2 months and even Superman couldn't correct the decades of malfeasance that occurred in this country. As an earlier post suggested, give him a chance as the alternative was certain disaster.

I'm surprised at all the negative comments regarding Milei. He's been in office 2 months and even Superman couldn't correct the decades of malfeasance that occurred in this country. As an earlier post suggested, give him a chance as the alternative was certain disaster.
There is nothing he can correct with his gabinet full of Macri’s people like Caputo who created this mess that now he suppouse to fix?

Back