Is the press scaremongering?

Gringoboy

Registered
It seems that everyday we read about new measures/restrictions being imposed by this government.
I think this article about AFIP/supermarkets has been released simply to scare us:
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1497102-la-afip-controla-las-compras-mayores-a-1000-en-los-super
This has been around for ages.
I realise that La Nacion and Clarin are anti K, but they do enjoy digging up older dirt simply to pad out their attacks and sometimes without checking the facts.

Considering what could be on the horizon...........even if it is just a refresher, good for people to know.

Many of the government controls defy pure logic.

If I am forced to buy £ Sterling because I am going to the UK, what is to stop me buying US$ with my uk£ when I get there ?

If there are notifications if I spend more than $1000 in the supermarket, what is to stop me going more often but spending smaller amounts ?

Do they not discuss these possibilities before they issue the new rules ?

Perhaps the government officers are sitting in their offices splitting thier sides as they watch the public jumping through their not very high hoops.

I don't know if you understand Spanish, but those controls are happening

El chabon said:
I don't know if you understand Spanish, but those controls are happening

There are controls and they probably put some other control or who knows, but this new and some others in clarin are nothing new actually is like they look all the time to find something more to put people again the government even when it doesn’t exist or by repeating the news for 7 days just changing the tittle and some comment inside it, well don't misunderstand me i hate this government but is clear that the news in clarin are not objective at all, and lot of time sadly not accurate. The Government media is the same i would like some independient news paper but is difficult to find in this country.

It all depends on how those rules are enforced.

Normally any amount over 1000 pesos must be payed using checks and going through the banking system....

Big Sister is watching You!

The "new" information is that the Supermarket Association is asking that the $1,000 peso limit be raised again... after being denied/ignored in 2010 and middle of last year.

I suppose their argument is that with inflation, $1,000 pesos isn't really enough to put you on some list since it's a common occurrence and it should be changed.

There's no doubt Clarin / LaNacion are anti-K and this could be taken as stirring the pot. That's what they do. ;)

Eclair said:
The "new" information is that the Supermarket Association is asking that the $1,000 peso limit be raised again... after being denied/ignored in 2010 and middle of last year.

I suppose their argument is that with inflation, $1,000 pesos isn't really enough to put you on some list since it's a common occurrence and it should be changed.

There's no doubt Clarin / LaNacion are anti-K and this could be taken as stirring the pot. That's what they do. ;)

Lol yes anyway the government don't really aply this is just to scare people and make them pay tax, is not usefull for them to make a list with people spending more than 1000 pesos in cc because just everyone in the country that use a cc get into that category almost, is a to long list and the porpouse of this list is actually help the government by filtering people that is expending to much vs people that is not. So in this matter is only a dog barking to his own tail, is useless for them to give this some effect. This particular press note is really misleading people and confusing they should not repeat news just by changing the tittle only because they are again the government that is not profecional, this more than 1.000 spend in cc list was already aplicable since almost 4 years so absolutely nothing new here and the government just use this to scare people to pay tax or not buy dollars in this case, anyway recicled note with few changes that misslead people if you actually look into it is almost a clon of the original article almost 4 years ago.

If anything, the media underreport the problems. Press freedom is limited in Argentina. The media will only go so far as they fear retribution. The same tactics used by Peron are being used by the current govt.

Back