Is there any benefit to permanent resident status?

Are you prepared to risk one day being denied entry at the border and suddenly being rendered homeless/countryless?
Why would this happen? How would it happen? The OP said they don't break the rules by overstaying, so why would they be denied?

More importantly, why would someone who is not Argentine become homeless and/or countryless if they were denied entry to this country?

I suggest stop looking at this issue from the point of view of entitled first-world denizen who abuses laxness of Argentine border control.

Just ask yourself: would the United States or Canada accept as a tourist, on tourist immigration status, someone who have family in the country and actually resides with one's family instead of doing regular tourist activities? One time -- certainly accepted. Even then, the US is notorious for denying tourist visas to people with familial ties inside the country -- for suspicion of immigration intent (which is incompatible with tourist status).
Many times regularly? Certainly not acceptable because this is actually residing in the country under disguise, not a regular tourist visit.

I suggest stop looking at this issue from the point of view of entitled first-world denizen who abuses laxness of Argentine border control.

Just ask yourself: would the United States or Canada accept as a tourist, on tourist immigration status, someone who have family in the country and actually resides with one's family instead of doing regular tourist activities? One time -- certainly accepted. Even then, the US is notorious for denying tourist visas to people with familial ties inside the country -- for suspicion of immigration intent (which is incompatible with tourist status).
Many times regularly? Certainly not acceptable because this is actually residing in the country under disguise, not a regular tourist visit.
But that has nothing to do with the thread. The OP is asking what is the benefit of HIM getting permanent residency under HIS circumstances. the whole point of the thread is looking at it from the point of view of an entitled first-world denizen.

I completely agree the United States or Canada would not accept the same situation. And?

why do you think that current border control policy will remain effective in Argentina indefinitely??
I don't, neccesarily. My point is, even if it changed dramatically towards a US-like system, it would arguably have no major consequences for the OP.

I think some people here are confused and think the OP is abusing the system. From what I understood he is visiting legally but has the ability to have permanent residence if he wants. Despite the changes coming next week, I suspect the system will remain largely the same in terms of people abusing it. Again, the OP is not doing this so it does not matter in his situation either way. Didn't he already say if he was denied entry it would not really be a big problem for him because he lives in Miami?

And he definately would not end up countryless or homeless like someone suggested (if he were rejected).

I don't, neccesarily. My point is, even if it changed dramatically towards a US-like system, it would arguably have no major consequences for the OP.

I think some people here are confused and think the OP is abusing the system. From what I understood he is visiting legally but has the ability to have permanent residence if he wants. Despite the changes coming next week, I suspect the system will remain largely the same in terms of people abusing it. Again, the OP is not doing this so it does not matter in his situation either way. Didn't he already say if he was denied entry it would not really be a big problem for him because he lives in Miami?

And he definately would not end up countryless or homeless like someone suggested (if he were rejected).
You cannot abuse when you exercise a right. The Preamble of the NC invite all the people of the world to immigrate to Argentina if they are working honest people.

Back