Is This An Old April Fools Or The Dumbest Idea Yet?

johnw100

Registered
Must see how it works at night with the headlights on high beam on the oncoming vehicles, Also when a truck follows closely another container truck , and you just see a container.

If it saves some lives must give it a try

Sorry but I think it will probably take more lives than it saves. I mean how close would you have to be to be able to see an on-coming vehicle in that screen. I know Argentine drivers like to drive dangerously close to the rear of trucks/cars/buses in order to try and overtake but I can see drivers right up close watching this tv image completely unaware of whats going on around them and not paying attention to the truck brake lights.

I think i`d first educate drivers here to not drive such long distances without breaks. I know so many locals that will drive 10-15 or even 20 hours without stopping to rest and sleep and whilst driving at speeds of 100mph+ on roads without central barriers. Its a death wish driving like that.

I think this actually a good idea. Most of the near fatalities I've seen have involved trucks being passed or passing themselves. What would be nice as well would be if the superimposed the distance between an oncoming car and it's velocity.

A private company spends its own money on a possible safety innovation. I fail to see the outrage.

If you get distracted by seeing what's in front of the truck instead of just its back, you might consider returning your drivers license...

Back