Is This Offer Good Enough For Our Family To Ba?

1) Lincoln School is the only school I know that follows the US calendar. And it's expensive. Annual tuition is about 25K USD per child in grade school. Plus a one time enrollment fee of 10K for each child. So factor in 50K in costs if you choose to go to that school for your 2 kids. It may be worth it if you want to keep your child on the US schedule. Otherwise, plenty of bilingual schools that will be much less. Probably safe to estimate around 10K a month IN PESOS (so less than 1K USD) per child for school.

Don't stress yourself out so much Citygirl -- San Andres, Northlands, and Lincoln are in that range, but most of the still-very-good-but-not-top schools are nowhere near 10,000 pesos each for primary years -- their kids are only age 5 and 8, that's salita de 5 and about 2nd grade depending on when the 8 yr old was born (June 30 is the cut off). They get approx 15% discount at most schools on the second child and there are plenty of schools that are in the 4000-6000 range -- so 10k - 12k for BOTH not 10k per child is easily done and still attending very good schools that are, most importantly, very accommodating to foreigners showing up halfway through the year (like the ones I mentioned previously, Islands and St Matthews)

Example: Lincoln School Tuition fees [in PESOS]

That isn't the website/fee for Lincoln School that follows the US calendar. It is lincoln.edu.ar. The one you mentioned is in Belgrano I believe and follows the Argentine calendar/system.

ETA and thanks Syn, I wasn't stressed. I capitalized the "in pesos" to differentiate from the Lincoln prices mentioned. And I was just letting them know about Lincoln as lots of "expats" (aka non-expats but short-termers) like to keep their kids on US calendar to make the return easier. But you're right, I was estimating on the high side for the other schools, was thinking probably 10K for the older kid, esp with extras and just doubled it. I think a friend was paying close to 7 for her 4 YO in one of the private schools when all was said/done with the extra fees.

Thanks elqueso for detailed reply..we too maybe shifting by year end...will appreciate if you could guide us for renting an apt...and what areas do we look for... When we shift..thanks in advance.

Back