Is Tomorrow A Holiday?

This is not a K ininitaitive, and the opposition all voted for it.
I don´t get the extra day they are taking off on Monday. . .

From what I've seen every day is practically a free day for public employees. That's not just limited to Argentina. Gee, wish I could sit on my fat a$$ and chat with my co-workers like we are hanging out on the beach while people stand in line for hours trying to get a form completed.

From what I've seen every day is practically a free day for public employees. That's not just limited to Argentina. Gee, wish I could sit on my fat a$$ and chat with my co-workers like we are hanging out on the beach while people stand in line for hours trying to get a form completed.

There are plenty of hard-working, conscientious public employees. Whether any of them are in Argentina is a separate question entirely.

This is not a K ininitaitive, and the opposition all voted for it.
I don´t get the extra day they are taking off on Monday. . .

but the change it did happen under the K government... I watched on TV (dont remember if 678 or where) that the argument for these new holidays is the internal tourism and how that actually helps to the economy, to the people.

but the change it did happen under the K government... I watched on TV (dont remember if 678 or where) that the argument for these new holidays is the internal tourism and how that actually helps to the economy, to the people.

6-7-8: "The whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me, Dog."

It looks like they are a lot more.

Public workers usually have extra paid leaves, beside the statutory 20 days/year.
I recall these:
half a day off before Christmas, half a day off on New Years' Eve, half a day off before August 15th
Plus the usual saint patron's day.

The higher their seniority level, the more the days of paid vacation. I think it starts at 20 days and ends at 28.
If they work on shift or extra hard works, they can have up to 60 days of paid vacation/year.

There are rest hours if they are on call and are called, and the call takes more than 3 hours. E.g. they call you at 22 PM, you work more than 3 hours, you can take the next day off.
These things usually have a statutory minimum by law, plus a statute signed with the unions for "extras".
Example of those extras: if you work on shift and you are working at night, you get paid more (hourly). If you are working on a Sunday or a public holiday, you are paid 20% more. If you are working on a night of a public holiday (such as Xmas), you are paid 30% more.
My former employee gave free landline phone service to their employee since they are required to be on call one week per month. This clearly was instituted when mobile phones didn't exist, but unsurprisingly it remained (it means they have free landline and free ADSL at home).

6-7-8: "The whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me, Dog."

didnt say that... I watch it sometimes (currently not so much).... just to see what they say, whats the argument of the government in a lot of topics... it is important to hear all versions, and politically, they have always a point. Lots of times I do not agree with it, lots of times they simply lie (as if they make "operaciones mediáticas") but lots of times I agree on what they say, on their politicals views, arguments, etc.

It does sound like propaganda many times, but the thing is, they dont want to hide that, they present theirselves in society as ultra Ks, and will always defend the government.... unlike Clarin or La Nacion with "periodismo independiente" slogans...

Just found this: a law was passed declaring tomorrow a public holiday for public employees, including teachers and staff in public schools
http://www.clarin.com/educacion/ley-clases-provincia_0_1163884077.html

So those kids that are already missing 21 days of schooling from the strikes earlier this year can now add another to the list? And of course there were basically no classes on weds because of the match, and there won't be on Tuesday during the match with Switzerland etc...

Back