Is travel health insurance still required while in Arg?

Guille A

Registered
Hi all,

I am a US citizen currently visiting BsAs and have extended my trip for another month. Do I need to extend my travel insurance as well? I have medical insurance in the US. I thought I read somewhere that the restrictions for visiting Argentina have been removed. Please let me know what the current rules are.

Thanks,
Guille

It looks like it’s still a requirement to have COVID-19 health insurance that covers hospitalization, quarantine, and/or medical transportation.

That is on the official government page where I always check before traveling. I don’t know to what extent they actually review the details of the policy though. I think I read others who said they just showed their US health insurance card and their were no questions. However, I’m not 100% sure on that. It could also depend on the immigration agent.

You only need to have "health insurance" you don't need anything special like "travel health insurance"

Hi all,

I am a US citizen currently visiting BsAs and have extended my trip for another month. Do I need to extend my travel insurance as well? I have medical insurance in the US. I thought I read somewhere that the restrictions for visiting Argentina have been removed. Please let me know what the current rules are.

Thanks,
Guille
no.

It looks like it’s still a requirement to have COVID-19 health insurance that covers hospitalization, quarantine, and/or medical transportation.

That is on the official government page where I always check before traveling. I don’t know to what extent they actually review the details of the policy though. I think I read others who said they just showed their US health insurance card and their were no questions. However, I’m not 100% sure on that. It could also depend on the immigration agent.
Can you please provide a link to the said official government page? Thanks

Back