Issues with Personal network

Jtee125

Registered
Does anybody know if there’s issues with the Personal Network? I seem to have had No Service on my phone for the last couple of hours and restarting my phone doesn’t seem to fix it. Seems odd as I received a call fine on my Argentinian number like 3 hours ago. Wondering whether it’s worth trying to get another SIM card or something

Seems it’s perhaps an issue isolated to my connection. Does anybody perhaps know somewhere I can easily buy and register a SIM without a DNI?

You don't need a DNI to buy a SIM card. Go to Personal or Claro and arrange a prepago.
Any recommendations for one near Palermo Soho? I tried this in Microcentro and nobody seemed to be able to help me

You don't need a DNI to buy a SIM card. Go to Personal or Claro and arrange a prepago.
Claro @Alto Palermo mall,bring passport, they sell,configure sim...open till 10pm nights i think.

Any recommendations for one near Palermo Soho? I tried this in Microcentro and nobody seemed to be able to help me
The Personal branch at Honduras 4748 is one of those equipped to deal with foreigners, they should be able to resolve your "no service" problem as well.

If I understand correctly you're roaming onto the Personal network with a foreign SIM? You should be able to select one of the other networks as well, do you get service on any of them? As well as restarting your phone, I'd also take the SIM out of the phone and insert it again (be ensure it's really without power for a time).

If you have a Personal SIM, you can also install the Personal app to check yourself what might be wrong?

Last edited:
For the sake of completeness - I was accidentally cut off by my friend who had forgot I was using their DNI

The Personal branch at Honduras 4748 is one of those equipped to deal with foreigners, they should be able to resolve your "no service" problem as well.

If I understand correctly you're roaming onto the Personal network with a foreign SIM? You should be able to select one of the other networks as well, do you get service on any of them? As well as restarting your phone, I'd also take the SIM out of the phone and insert it again (be ensure it's really without power for a time).

If you have a Personal SIM, you can also install the Personal app to check yourself what might be wrong?
Thanks for the info! I was using a SIM that I purchased and registered using a friend’s DNI - roaming would cost me incomprehensibly I think

Thanks for the info! I was using a SIM that I purchased and registered using a friend’s DNI - roaming would cost me incomprehensibly I think
Roaming can get very expensive, especially if you have mobile data active. I have a phone in roaming with data services deactivated, so I can pick up SMS from my internet banking. I have the phone on WiFi with a VPN. Set up like that it doesn't seem to use much credit.

Back