It's my first day

And I have a stupid question for you...how can I have a Four Hour Work week?!?! I have checked out the site, but I guess I just did not really believe it was possible! Does it only work for people with technology jobs??

Congrats on your move! And what a beautiful time of year to be in BA!

I don't know how much you can truly get from the website. That guy is pretty savvy and I think you can't really access much info without actually purchasing the book. For people that work in offices that are not entrepreneurs the book offers a lot of information on why you should get out of the typical work mindset and work situation and a little less on how. It has a lot of great advice on bettering work habits, points out addictive and unproductive work habits and makes an argument against the time-honored model that we have to work like dogs in order to have the kind of life that we want when we are not working or after we retire.

There's a bit of the book that I don't buy either. I am sure that there's a little creative license taken on the part of the author to make it seem like initially his use of this method was more successful than it was. And I am sure that the living standards of a single, mid-thirties man differ greatly from that of someone with an established lifestyle or a family. I mean, I have a guy friend that didn't even own a mattress until he was nearly 33. But he must be doing something right. He wrote the book, which soared to the top of the best seller lists and now I'm sure he's living la vida libre.

emilyr said:
And I have a stupid question for you...how can I have a Four Hour Work week?!?!!

Write a book, give it a catchy name, then sit back and wait for the cash to roll in. Spend 4 hours a week cashing cheques and updating your blog to make sure you maintain your list of followers.

Want to know The Secret to being rich? Same thing, cobble together some stupid philosophies and pop-psychology and make it sound mysterious, like it's some secret that you'll only understand if you read the book. Sit back and wait for the cash to come in. That's The Secret, at least for the author of the book.

Hi all. I have just moved recently (a week today) with the same idea in mind, i.e. have a better work-life balance, and live in a place that is both interesting and enjoyable. I'd be very keen to meet up with you guys for a coffee.

Have a great weekend.

syngirl said:
Write a book, give it a catchy name, then sit back and wait for the cash to roll in. Spend 4 hours a week cashing cheques and updating your blog to make sure you maintain your list of followers.

God damn it, beat me to it.

Back