Job offer in Nunez - where to live?

BostonToBA

Registered
Hi all,

I just received a job offer for a company located in Nunez, and will be moving from Boston in about a month. This forum has been extremely helpful in my research! I've read a lot about the different neighborhoods, but am hoping to get some personal opinions on places to live. Ideally I'd like to get to work easily without needing to take multiple buses, and live in an affordable neighborhood with some local flavor, restaurants, people milling around, etc. I'm a 25 year old female and don't know anyone there, so a safe and populated area would be ideal. Caballito sounds like a possibility, or Belgrano? Any opinions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Anna

BostonToBA said:
Hi all,

I just received a job offer for a company located in Nunez, and will be moving from Boston in about a month. This forum has been extremely helpful in my research! I've read a lot about the different neighborhoods, but am hoping to get some personal opinions on places to live. I'll be making about $3800 pesos (after taxes) so I'll definitely be looking for a shared apartment. Ideally I'd like to get to work easily without needing to take multiple buses, and live in an affordable neighborhood with some local flavor, restaurants, people milling around, etc. I'm a 25 year old female and don't know anyone there, so a safe and populated area would be ideal. Caballito sounds like a possibility, or Belgrano? Any opinions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Anna

Going from Caballito to Nuñez can be a real pain, I would not recomment that... instead you should look for something in Belgrano, that way you can get to work fast and easy ;)

Nunez is probably less expensive than Belgrano. I'd start looking at those two barrios first.

I agree with Mini..... Belgrano would be the ideal.. then also Nunez has many nice areas..... also Colegiales could be good for the price... well good luck on the new job!!!!

I'd look for the very same area. Nuñez is fine, if nothing is avail then go for Belgrano.
What's the address (nearest corner) of your workplace?

Thanks for the tips! Hopefully I can find something in Belgrano...I get the impression that Nunez is pretty suburban and there isn't much going on there.

The nearest corner to the office is Av del Libertador and Av Crisologo Larralde.

Can't wait to get to BA!!

BostonToBA said:
Thanks for the tips! Hopefully I can find something in Belgrano...I get the impression that Nunez is pretty suburban and there isn't much going on there.

The nearest corner to the office is Av del Libertador and Av Crisologo Larralde.

Nuñez is quiet during weeknights (busier on weekends) but it's definetily not THAT suburban, you are going to be fine.
Av Libertador is busy all the time.
Yes, Belgrano is nicer, but if you find a place at walking distance to your work, I'd take it.

BostonToBA said:

Ha! Nunez is far from suburban, it's a neighbourhood inside of Capital. If you need cheap, look in Saavedra, it's across Cabildo from Nunez

Without knowing the address of your place hard to recommend something that is just one bus. Colegiales towards cabildo good, Las Canitas good you can take the 64, Belgrano and Nunez are about the same in price, Nunez can even be more expensive.

If you live in Belgrano or Las Can you can get to Nunez on a bike in about 15 - 20mins.

Back