June 8th Fundraising Dinner- Habitat for Humanity Argentina

anda

Registered
Hábitat para la Humanidad Argentina, is holding a fundraising dinner on Thursday the 8th of June of 2006
Where? Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center - Salón Retiro - Time: 20.00 hs
The proceeds of the dinner will be used to finance the current proyects of Habitat..

Habitat for Humanity International is a nonprofit, nondenominational Christian housing ministry. Habitat welcomes all people— regardless of race, religion, ethnicity or any other difference—to build simple, decent, affordable houses with those who lack adequate shelter Since its founding in 1976, Habitat for Humanity has built more than 200,000 houses, providing shelter for more than 1 million people, in nearly 100 countries around the world. A new Habitat house is completed somewhere in the world every 24 minutes. Habitat offers help to families who live in desperate conditions. They are helped with basic materials necessary to construct simple homes. They are given loans which, in Argentina, are available for a period of up to 12 years. The families are asked to repay the loan in monthly payments of between 100 and 140 pesos, and the families can make the payments in advance when their economic situation permits.

For details contact:
Victoria Ana Cassels o María Marta Oliver
Dardo Rocha 170 | B1641CJD | Acassuso | Buenos Aires | Argentina
Tel +54 11 4792 2739 | Fax +54 11 4793 4384
[email protected] | http://www.hpha.org.ar/

The website for Habitat is http://www.habitat.org.
i tried volunteering for this fundraiser to help out. (for those of you who dont know this organization was founded in the usa decades ago.)
one of their workers told me they needed help. i called the office and sent 2 emails to their volunteer coordinator. he never even answered me. Guess they want money not help. oh well.

Sorry to hear your offers to volunteer where not aswered. :-( Am not directly involved with the organisation or the event but will be attending the dinner. Heard about Habitat though CNN, and it is a US-born organisation.
(Tickets are actually $175- yes!! quite steep!! but it is for charity, and I figure will be having the meal of the century for the price) If anyone else is going and would like to sit in the same table as me an others contact me at [email protected]

Back