just a reminder for Australian travellers to Argentina

From the SHM article:

"The Australian government charges $105 to issue a tourist visa (subclass 676) to an Argentinean visitor"

When coming on the plane to Buenos Aires from Sydney (2 weeks ago), the flight attendant explained that when the "reciprocity fee" was introduced, it did allow the passport holder multiple entries for up to a year from the day it was issued.

However, this has changed recently changed to US$ 100 on *each* entry :eek:

However, it seem that the 676 tourist visas required for Argentineans to enter Australia can have one or multiple entry visas for a period of 3 to 12 months depending on the purpose of the visit and personal circumstances. http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/676/

So the US$ 100 on each entry doesn't seem very fair or "reciprocal" to me though.

random.striker said:
From the SHM article:
So the US$ 100 on each entry doesn't seem very fair or "reciprocal" to me though.

Do you know how hard it is for an argentine to get a visa to visit aus ?. They are not automatically granted 3 or 12 months multiple entries visa's when they ask. A friend came to visit last year, he asked about a multiple entry visa as he was thinking of maybe coming back this year, and the embassy were very anal about it. They gave him a single entry for the 2 weeks he was there, even though he has a good job here (5500 per month), and he was staying with me in AU and had a return ticket already purchased to NZ (he was going to NZ first then AU).

Back