Just bought a Laptop need Windows in English

azmike9

Registered
I just bought a Laptop with Windows 7 Professional in Spanish installed. I know that I can buy the Ultimate upgrade(the cheapest I found was $119). I want a legal version so I can get the upgrades from Microsoft. Any ideas? The Windows 7 Professional version is ok for me. Can I change the language from Spanish to English in the version that I have now? If not where is the best place to find and buy for the best price?

Thanks for your help.

Mike

What brand is your laptop ?

I have HP windows 7 pro and ultimate in english.

Even if its not a HP laptop, you can download the OEM files to make it able to install on other brands - basically rebranding the windows version.

Anyways if you want a copy of my windows, i can make a copy for you on DVD or USB stick.

azmike9 said:
I just bought a Laptop with Windows 7 Professional in Spanish installed. I know that I can buy the Ultimate upgrade(the cheapest I found was $119). I want a legal version so I can get the upgrades from Microsoft. Any ideas? The Windows 7 Professional version is ok for me. Can I change the language from Spanish to English in the version that I have now? If not where is the best place to find and buy for the best price?

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Don't think you can change it, don't know where you would find an English version in Argentina. It's not the big of deal to use the Spanish version, just give it some time. You can always pickup an English version on a return trip home.

Just read on net you can only download and install additional language packs in ultimate and enterprise versions..

Davonz, do you think the OEM files from your HP would work on my Lenovo? If so that would be great. I can get around in the Spanish but not as well as in English.
Thanks to everyone for the fast reply.

Mike

any little computer shop in BA has what you are looking for .....about 30 pesos with key.

Yes it will work, all i need is the OEM files.
Did you get a Windows 7 install DVD with your laptop ?

If so there should be a directory on the DVD
"\SOURCES\$OEM$", which will need to be copied over to the HP dvd, and then you will have a new lenovo windows 7 professional DVD - english version.

If you didnt get a windows 7 DVD, i can download the required files..

Anyway PM me and we can arrange to sort it for you. I am in palermo.

azmike9 said:

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Please follow the instructions on link below:

Microsoft- How Change the display language

Good luck.

Back