Just joined, thinking of moving to argentina

sarahkay

Registered
Hi all!

This site was recommended to me, and I've just spent the past hour browsing different topics, and must say-- superbalicious!
I spent over a year in France and wish I'd known about something like this or looked for it when I first arrived, as it probably would've made the period of transition and familiarization a tad less intimidating.

I'm American, a college graduate (in 2008) with a degree in Music and Art. I love traveling and I am hoping/planning to make a move to Argentina sometime early in 2011, and figured why not get a head start on getting to know it? :) I really want to improve my spanish which is currently at the level commonly known as I-took-three-semesters-in-college-but-then-went-to-france-so-now-it's-pretty-pathetic.

My main question:
Does anyone know of an Au pair or Nanny agency or website that the Argentines use? I am really hoping to take this route in order to make a move possible, but am not meeting with as much success for South America as I did for Europe. Or even better, knowledge of someone in need of help starting Feb or March of next year? I can teach piano lessons, swimming lessons, cut hair, play soccer, tennis.

I have my profile listed on a website called newaupair, but there are limited argentine families looking for nannies, so I'm looking for any additional help or information anyone can provide. I am unsure about where I want to go in the country, and honestly it will probably depend on where I can find a job!

Anyway; thanks for any tips, and I'm happy to be a new part of this online community :)

--Sarah

Back