Just saw a violent robbery / assault

two obvious possible reasons for this.

1. the thieves wait for a moment when the cop is resting and taking a break
2. the cops are paid off to look the other way

Ashley said:
Strange how the police never seem to be around when they're needed...
My local cafe was robbed a few weeks ago and the police man (who is stationed right in front of the cafe) just happened to be sitting inside a local kiosko having a cup of coffee...

wow, La Imprenta is a really nice little neighborhood. Brazen.

Lee said:
Yes, as I said, it happened in front of lots of people but too quickly to take action to prevent it, but several of us did go to his aid and helped him stand and took him into an ice cream shop where they called an ambulance.

It happened on the corner of Maure and Migueletes.

I have heard of that, more often than not..being the case. The police leave the moment they are alerted that their is a "target".. and split the bounty.

Just arrived at home to my building in Palermo Soho, and a girl about 25 years old, who isn't a resident, was talking to one of the guards in the lobby. She had just been robbed in a kiosk next door by a guy that had "pointy thing" under his shirt. Needless to say, she was visibly shaken.

Two cops arrived within 10 minutes and were interviewing her, which is a good sign, right?!

I noticed just yesterday that lots of businesses around here have signs posted in their windows urging their fellow merchants to look out for one another due to a spate of robberies. I'm on Uriarte between Charcas and Guemes, so head's (even more?) up if you're in that area.

Lee said:
It happened on the corner of Maure and Migueletes.

That's where the motochorro tried to rob me as well mid-afternoon. Well, to be exact, in front of the hair salon midway bttn Migueletes and Libertador on Maure.

So sad :( Hope the guy is okay.

Well, you find in the US lots of things in the supermarkets, the food there is supposedly the best in the World, the biggest economy in the World, the best education...yet this is much more common there than in BA.

Is this the only city where the police don't walk the beat? I've seen police on roller blades, bicycles, skagways (not sure of the name) and actually walking in other cities. In BA they seem cemented to the sidewalk on their cellphones with their cigarettes.
When was the last time a motorist got a moving violation summons? I see people paying the parking machines, but never ever saw a "metermaid". Because drivers know that they won't get ticket, running red lights seems to be increasing.
Be careful, folks.

Back