Just wondering...Do I have to pay my rent?

Andrew Murphy

Registered
I live in a residential hotel in Once and am just thinking...you guys know how it is now that none of us can work...we still have to buy beer...and it would be nice to save up a bit of a best egg for after the plague ends...but, will the eviction freeze really last six months?

I live in a residential hotel in Once and am just thinking...you guys know how it is now that none of us can work...we still have to buy beer...and it would be nice to save up a bit of a best egg for after the plague ends...but, will the eviction freeze really last six months?
wooooo, you're edgy.

You do realize you never HAVE to pay your rent, right? It's always a choice to make every month. So no, you don't have to but like always you will have to live with the consequences if you don't.

if everyone like you just takes advantage of the situation because he can all the private hotels and hostels will close their doors and then what you will have to live in a government shelter where you have one toilet for 50 people and no human rights . You decide !

In a word "YES" you definitely need to pay your rent!

Why is that?

Well, it's the right thing to do!

Could you imagine if everyone who has a debt to pay, did not pay it ... even though they may be capable of it.? Also, using the current situation to justify not paying a debt you are able to is just plain wrong.

Put your self in the place of the other person in your transaction (THE PROVIDER OF YOUR HOUSING.) ... I'd bet anything if the roles were reversed, you would be hoping that you have something to collect so you could pay for the things you need.

It's a personal choice, but I know I'd pay even if it impacted my ability to afford some luxuries.

I have a feeling the thread is going to get very long???

I’m making a personal decision to assume you are kidding. Maybe bored at home and trying to be provocative? Opportunism these days is especially cruel.
You will get no sympathy here for your beer fund or your nest egg.

Hopefully you are joking, but if not, I do believe (and someone who knows about this better please comment) that stays at hotels, even long term hotels, have different conditions and legalities than regular apartment rentals. The hotel could very well call the cops and have you removed.

Hopefully you are joking, but if not, I do believe (and someone who knows about this better please comment) that stays at hotels, even long term hotels, have different conditions and legalities than regular apartment rentals. The hotel could very well call the cops and have you removed.
Some hotels in Once may resort to other tactics to expedite the matter of non-payment. Regardless, an attorney, such as forum member: Cassiopeia, could enlightened Mr. Murphy as to what he can expect should he choose to withhold payment.

Back