Keep it!

cujodu

Registered
Today I walked thru the grocery store in Chinatown, crowded as it was. I headed down an aisle that was actually a bit too narrow with a counter and seats on the left where people were sitting as well as standing. I was about the 4th or 5th person in a line of people trying to get past this bottle-neck when from behind and woman starts pushing me from the back, then pushing me to the side and trying to squeeze past though there was no room to pass. I turned and, in Spanish, said "we're all trying to get thru here now." She replied, "but you aren't going the same place I'm going." (how special she already knows she is). I answered, "but there's no room to pass, what makes you so important?" And after we passed into an area more open for her to get by, she had time to stop and inform me "because this is my country." Uh, look around you, this is Chinatown, you're already outnumbered, in any case I don't want it "keep it."

Of note, Argentines are the first to cry that their country is being "stolen" by people from other countries , yet they are the first to sell out to corruption by their own rulers

Or to abandon their country when things aren´t going well.

Or to abandon their country for ¨better opportunities¨

Etc.

And if we find ¨better opportunities¨ here, whatever the reason may be, they complain about us.

EDIT: I should note that this happens in all countries, because people are ignorant and hipocritical everywhere. But hey, complaining is the Argentine national passtime, and when in rome... :)

I'm a PUSHER when I get off a subte because I think for some reason people should be able to EXIT first and then the people getting on should get on.

On occasion, if I'm by the door and simply stepping off to let others by before getting back on, I will place an arm in front of others to keep them from stepping on the subte until everyone has gotten off. Sometimes you just have to take manners into your own hands.

I agree with you Napolean on taking manners into your own hands with regards to exiting the subte.

Fortunately I haven't had to man handle anyone yet, I find a nasty glare inspires most with manners.

Napoleon said:
I'm a PUSHER when I get off a subte because I think for some reason people should be able to EXIT first and then the people getting on should get on.

On occasion, if I'm by the door and simply stepping off to let others by before getting back on, I will place an arm in front of others to keep them from stepping on the subte until everyone has gotten off. Sometimes you just have to take manners into your own hands.

I never understood that, especially when it is busy. I notice this in loads of cities. Except Tokyo bar the very very busy times. Wait at the side and then when everyone goes out you can go in!

Conorworld said:
I never understood that, especially when it is busy. I notice this in loads of cities. Except Tokyo bar the very very busy times. Wait at the side and then when everyone goes out you can go in!

I first experienced this in Madrid back in 1997. (I've never LIVED in a city with a subway until Buenos Aires, but I've visited several.) I was starting a large trip all around Europe and had just come from London where I minded the gap, but didn't have to deal with people coming in before others could get out.

In Madrid, I dealt with getting rushed one too many times, and that's when I became a "pusher".

Back