KitchenAid Mixer in Buenos Aires?

iStar

Registered
Hi

Does anyone know where I can find a place where they sell KitchenAid mixers?

Trying to figure out if it's cheaper to bring one back in my suitcase from Toronto vs. buying one here.

Thanks in advance :)

You can get one in BA Design for around AR$3000. The only problem with bringing them back is using them with converters. I've heard more than one person fry their 110v even with converters. I'd like a Kitchen Aid too! So keep us updated on what you decide.

I would bring one back...I have been using transformers for 3 years and no problems..thankfully! We purchased several different ones at Digofats...they have a website and do deliver...nice folks...very helpful...just need to know how many watts the appliance has and then match up size of transformer you need...Oh they are in Martinez..link below.

http://www.digofat.com/shop/index.asp

AR$3000 wow that's crazy! Is it because it's sold in BA Design?

I'll be packing one in my suitcase on my next trip ;)

EvergreenGal said:
I would bring one back...I have been using transformers for 3 years and no problems..thankfully! We purchased several different ones at Digofats...they have a website and do deliver...nice folks...very helpful...just need to know how many watts the appliance has and then match up size of transformer you need...Oh they are in Martinez..link below.

http://www.digofat.com/shop/index.asp

You've been very lucky & it gives me hope! I imagine the transformer you got is a really very good one. Could you tell us the specs on your transformer?

iStar said:
AR$3000 wow that's crazy! Is it because it's sold in BA Design?

No. Not necessarily. The high import taxes into Argentina don't help, but Kitchenaids are very expensive in 220.

mini said:
You've been very lucky & it gives me hope! I imagine the transformer you got is a really very good one. Could you tell us the specs on your transformer?

What transformer works for one appliance will not neceserally work for another.
You need to ensure that the transformer is large enough for the appliance you are usimg; Transformers are normally rated in VA your appliance will be rated in watts or amps. Watts are just volts times amps, but for various reasons VA and amps are not quite the same so you need to allow about 10% so watts * 1.1 should allow you enough VA. If you only have the Amps (and if your appliance is 110v) multipy our amps by 110 and again allow 10%.
Needless to say if your transformer is larger this will not be a problem, if however it is too small, you will fry it. Hope that helps you.

Bob

Mini..Bob is correct...we have several and various sizes....we did the formula and then rounded up. Check out Digofats website think they have a formulation chart or else I found it online somewhere...if I can locate it I will post.

**Digofats is great and if you burn one up...and it's the fault of the transformer they will replace it free....

I have a good friend, Porteno, who is a serious cook. He had to get his kitchenaid hand carried down in checked luggage by a friend. He runs his on a transformer, has for years, it works great- my stomach can testify to that.
Recently, I brought him the Ice Cream attachment for it- $50 at Macy's, completely unavailable in Argentina, at any price.
And boy, was it worth it- his homemade ice cream more than paid me back.

Back