Knockout pills for long flights

GreenLeaf

Registered
I'm going to be visiting home this month, and have a long flight and ridiculously long layover to get there so was hoping to sleep for most of the flight so that I'm not a complete wreck when I eventually get there (it will take me at least 30 hours, door to door).

Trouble is I can't ever get to sleep on planes (or cars or buses) so was thinking of getting something to help knock me out. I've never taken a sleeping pill in my life, so no idea what to get - any recommendations? The strongest thing I can get over the counter here would be good, I'm a fidgety flyer.

Ask the pharmacist at any drugstore - they know a lot and often prescribe for their clients.

Ten mgs of Ambien once on the plane always does the trick with none of the dopey next-day side effects associated with Diphenhydramine. Ten mgs of Xanax while still in the airport will ease the experience even more.

Choripán said:
Ten mgs of Ambien once on the plane always does the trick with none of the dopey next-day side effects associated with Diphenhydramine. Ten mgs of Xanax while still in the airport will ease the experience even more.

yeah, but you need a script to get those. OTC is cheaper/easier

Drink a couple of whisky sours, one right after the other - no more than half an hour in between.

A white-knuckle flier seated next to me in a particularly bumpy flight over the Atlantic recommended this, and it worked like a charm.

Back