Sleeping pills

PaulBee

Registered
Is it still VERY hard to get a prescription for sleeping pills in Argentina ? TIA.

Is it still VERY hard to get a prescription for sleeping pills in Argentina ? TIA.
You can get Melatonin-based sleeping pills without a prescription. Are you looking for something stronger?

You can get Melatonin-based sleeping pills without a prescription. Are you looking for something stronger?
I have never had a problem getting them with a prescription. I no longer use them but in the past the doctor prescrbied what I was told was a mild pill. Always filled w/o problems. Not Melatonin.

I have never had a problem getting them with a prescription. I no longer use them but in the past the doctor prescrbied what I was told was a mild pill. Always filled w/o problems. Not Melatonin.
Thanks very much.

Shouldn't be hard at all if you see a doctor. If not there are likely some pharmacies where you can pick up the "harder stuff", but I'm not hip to them anymore.

Yes I am looking for something stronger, thanks. Natural sleep aids don´t work for me.

Yes I am looking for something stronger, thanks. Natural sleep aids don´t work for me.
What are you currently taking Paul? if you don't mind me asking. If you have a prescription from your home country I might be able to help.

If you go to a shrink and say you couldn’t sleep in the last 2 days you a prescription of Alplax.

What are you currently taking Paul? if you don't mind me asking. If you have a prescription from your home country I might be able to help.
Thanks Nikad. Actually, I don´t do well with what I am getting in my home country, but the clinic I belong to only gives Clonazepam (AKA Klonopin in some countries). But even Klonopin would be better than nothing.

Thanks Nikad. Actually, I don´t do well with what I am getting in my home country, but the clinic I belong to only gives Clonazepam (AKA Klonopin in some countries). But even Klonopin would be better than nothing.
You should be able to get clonazepam pretty easily if you see a doctor. In 2021 it was the sixth most prescribed drug in Argentina. I take it when I need it and I've never had a problem getting it. I've had good luck with the doctors here for things like this. If you have a specific drug that works for you, you shouldn't have a problem getting it if it's available here. If the doctor gives you a hard time, try another doctor.

Back