kombucha free

mhenna11

Registered
Every seems to be getting sick and it's frightening. I will glad to give away what I about to throw out because I have too many - I have kombucha mothers, they cannot stay in hibernation for too long. If you don't what kombucha is, look it up online, basically it is a healthy drink that it will give you enzymes to help you fight infections, with of course a somewhat healthy diet. My partner, works in an elementary school here in BA and he slacks off in his diet when he isn't home, so before he leaves I give him a shot of kombucha, and he has fought off several throat infections. He works very hard, and does everything you shouldn't do if you want to be healthy, but so far, he is doing fine. I mean we all need to do it more holistically, of course, but can't when living in a city. So write to me if you want a kombucha mother, it's very easy to make and keep up.

mhenna11 said:
Every seems to be getting sick and it's frightening. I will glad to give away what I about to throw out because I have too many - I have kombucha mothers, they cannot stay in hibernation for too long. If you don't what kombucha is, look it up online, basically it is a healthy drink that it will give you enzymes to help you fight infections, with of course a somewhat healthy diet. My partner, works in an elementary school here in BA and he slacks off in his diet when he isn't home, so before he leaves I give him a shot of kombucha, and he has fought off several throat infections. He works very hard, and does everything you shouldn't do if you want to be healthy, but so far, he is doing fine. I mean we all need to do it more holistically, of course, but can't when living in a city. So write to me if you want a kombucha mother, it's very easy to make and keep up.

I have been looking for these for months and I couldn´t find them anywhere!!! I'd love to get one if you have any left!!! :D

Okay, great, whoever is interested send me PM and we can set time. I live in Villa Urquiza near Las Incas subway, red line. Friday's 6-7 are best for me, Cafe Martinez Triunivarato near subway stop, just so you know. Maybe next week, for those interested. Bring a glass a jar if you want me to give some kombucha drink, I will be giving you the mother kombucha in a zip lock bag, you will have to prep the tea at home and have it ready for the kombucha. Get simple recipes on line, don't use honey, or green tea. Use sugar and lots of black tea. Get big glass jars, tela.

We use to have this at home growing in a bucket 30 years ago - it was very popular in NZ, well in our farming community anyways.. i can remember as a kid mum feeding it etc and drinking it everyday.. and then it was tested by sicentists and they said it had no benefits.. it was called a manchurian mushroom then though..

davonz said:
We use to have this at home growing in a bucket 30 years ago - it was very popular in NZ, well in our farming community anyways.. i can remember as a kid mum feeding it etc and drinking it everyday.. and then it was tested by sicentists and they said it had no benefits.. it was called a manchurian mushroom then though..

Thanks, I will look it up now, if you have the article, please can you send it to me. When I started hearing about the kombucha benefits, I was very skeptical, I am not too into sugar and caffeine and trends, in fact I avoided this trend for a while, until my friend started giving it to me to drink. She is very healthy person, who eats everything fresh and organic including dairy and meat, not like me, who is a picky healthy eater. She had her kombucha in the closet, and the fresh drink in the fridge, and when we hung out, we drank shots of her kombucha and my digestion improved. (My digestion is genetically awful. It's one of the reasons why I try and stick to a raw vegan diet ,note.. keeping up with such a diet is hard and I don't keep up with it all the time, but I try.) Anyway,I went to visit my friend in NY just a few months ago, and she gave me a kombucha mother, and I have been drinking the drink made from this since. The kombucha has made my stomach stronger, now I could be wrong, I wish I can test it and see, maybe it's psychological, who knows, but I feel good, and my husband who gets sick easily hasn't gotten sick. I am not a believer in one things cures all, because it doesn't.However if a persons holistically takes care of himself, adding enzymes to the diet, eating healthy, fresh foods, sleeping well ,detoxing,etc..you know this, you lived in a farm, a person will do okay with their health, and I believe, adding this one element to my diet that supposedly has enzymes, has helped me improve my digestion and therefore my health. But yes, I am going to look online later about this and thank you so much for bringing it to my attention. I would like to know more. In the meantime I am giving the stuff away. If you want that stuff that was in the bucket , you can have it. jajaj. take care.

I was talking to mum after reading this - reminiscing about the old days.. and she said she had read drinking it could kill you.. but she cant remember exactly how.. maybe toxic bacteria growing in it..

I've got some too if anyone needs some. Great to hear someone else growing it! I'm around Av Santa Fe/Aguero cruzar

I just use apple juice. It took me a long time to find juice of any kind that didn't have any chemicals in it that kills it but I found the premium stuff works.

-j

edit:: I travel a lot and I once kept the lid on while traveling. This caused the bad anaerobic bacteria to grow and the good aerobic bacteria to die. Like food it had gone off. I had some and it made me feel very ill, but I'm still here to tell the tale.

You can smell the difference but it's a bit of a shame because if someone is ill probiotics can potentially save lives. But if I wanted to give it to a very ill relative to protect from the super strong infections in hospitals I would hesitate because if it was a bad batch it would probably kill them.

Also, never let anyone see the brew before it's ready or see or smell a bad batch. If a person gets a wiff of a bad batch, like fish (only bad fish smells like fish, fresh fish smells of nothing), they will be put off the good stuff forever.

jago25_98 said:
I've got some too if anyone needs some. Great to hear someone else growing it! I'm around Av Santa Fe/Aguero cruzar

I just use apple juice. It took me a long time to find juice of any kind that didn't have any chemicals in it that kills it but I found the premium stuff works.

-j

edit:: I travel a lot and I once kept the lid on while traveling. This caused the bad anaerobic bacteria to grow and the good aerobic bacteria to die. Like food it had gone off. I had some and it made me feel very ill, but I'm still here to tell the tale.

You can smell the difference but it's a bit of a shame because if someone is ill probiotics can potentially save lives. But if I wanted to give it to a very ill relative to protect from the super strong infections in hospitals I would hesitate because if it was a bad batch it would probably kill them.

Also, never let anyone see the brew before it's ready or see or smell a bad batch. If a person gets a wiff of a bad batch, like fish (only bad fish smells like fish, fresh fish smells of nothing), they will be put off the good stuff forever.
How do you do it with apple juice and where do you get good apple juice from? Do you have a different type of kombucha, because my friend has 2 different ones, she has one for black tea and sugar, then there is the one that eats green tea and honey. I am so curious. I would def. like one if it's different species. jajaj I am glad you have kombucha, too! :) How is your health after adding kombucha to your diet? Oh, and I know when it goes bad, I am very sensitive to taste and smell. It has a certain smell when it's healthy and a weird smell it needs to be thrown out. The ones in hibernation are bad when it gets sticky.

You have to use the premium apple juice. All the other stuff has sweeteners in them. I had to look through about 40 different fruit juices in CarreFour to find it.

I did try to make true Kom' tea once. It didn't turn out as I was hoping. I don't know why. I might try again but really I'm happy with using fruit juices as it's so much easier. You just add a fruit juice and that's it. It tastes like AppleTiser or cidar.

The grains I used I sent from America. They were advertised as Kom' grains, with no distinction as to type. They were derrived from a milk kefir variety and the previous owner had bred them over a few month so they adapted to sugar and water.
They can adapt back either way but it take a few weeks.

I can say that the effect is a lot weaker than milk Kefir. I have never become ill while drinking good Kom or Kefir and I believe that this amazing drink may actually prevent any(!) infectious disease by outcompeting bad bacteria in the gut and providing an awkward environment even for virii! It's frankly amazing. I feel bulletproof with a gut full of milk kefir for sure. Of course, in order to really disprove this and have some surety of it I'd have to drink some regularly and then test it by licking something horrible, like the moisture off a bus window, or eat someone elses poo, which I'm not too much wanting to do!

I find I only notice a gut feeling if I haven't had any Kefir in a long while. With milk kefir, which I have more experience with I find appetite is effected as well as mood. Somehow it just makes you confident and happy like good truffles can. Kom tea is not so much like that. I can't detect that much of an effect because I haven't not had it for long enough to tell the difference.
That said, if you drink it and you have some travel sickness or something like that, the body can get confused and think the drink caused it.

Another option is juices from the health shops. That often has no sugar.

Have fun!

Back