Kombucha

rcrt

Registered
I love to drink kombucha. It is a fermented, probiotic drink made from sweetened black tea and a culture of bacteria and yeast that turns the sugar into alcohol and co2. It's safe for children or adults and promotes overall health and wellness. It is a natural gaseosa that tastes great and can be made very easily and prodigiously in the home.

aFYh7tL.jpg

It's very common in Seattle, Washington but very few have ever even heard of it in Buenos Aires. I'd love to start making and bottling it here, but you generally need to be gifted a starter kit by someone already doing it. Does anybody here know about this topic?

water kefir culture is available here - it's easier and faster to make than kombucha, tastes very similar, can be flavoured with anything you want and doesn't contain caffeine.
All you need to feed it is organic sugar.

There are Facebook groups where people gift kombucha scobys. I don't have the exact link put if you put in kombucha buenos aires, or something like that in the search bar, you should come across it.

huh? kefir and kombucha are completely different things. and to my mind, taste as different as night and day. I make my kombucha with lots of ginger, and I like it quite fizzy. If anyone has any mothers, I, too, would love one, to start my own batch a brewing.

huh? kefir and kombucha are completely different things. and to my mind, taste as different as night and day. I make my kombucha with lots of ginger, and I like it quite fizzy. If anyone has any mothers, I, too, would love one, to start my own batch a brewing.

Agreed. They are totally different. I’ve never found kombucha in BA, but love it! Great with spicy food or pizza too, instead of a soda.

your link says you need kombucha to make kombucha. I have never seen commercially made kombucha for sale, but the food scene here is changing so quickly, maybe I will this year. I will be down on Thursday for the season, and I will look. I would love to make my own, have done it a lot in the USA. just need a scoby.

maybe this helps
[background=rgb(0, 255, 0)]
Para obtener el Hongo o el Té de Kombucha comuníquese con la[/background]​
NUEVA DIRECCION:[/background]​
Tel: (054-11) 4854-9785[/background]​
Santos Dumont 4606 (Esq. Caldas - Chacarita) - Cap. Fed. - Argentina[/background]​
[email protected][/background]​

thats great. and its right next door to one of my favorite music venues, at 4040 Santos Dumont. I will get myself some Kombucha a brewing next week.

maybe this helps
Para obtener el Hongo o el Té de Kombucha comuníquese con la
Fundación Voy Cada Vez Mejor
NUEVA DIRECCION:
Tel: (054-11) 4854-9785
Santos Dumont 4606 (Esq. Caldas - Chacarita) - Cap. Fed. - Argentina
[email protected]
http://www.fundcvmejor.com.ar
thats great. and its right next door to one of my favorite music venues, at 4040 Santos Dumont. I will get myself some Kombucha a brewing next week.

SAME!! So stoked!! :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ries Food and Drink 3
M Expat Life 2
M Expat Life 19
Back