Korean Food

I have to disagree with you ghost. I am married to a korean, have eaten in korea and have eaten hundreds of times in korean restaurants here. The food is pretty authentic. The restaurants almost exclusively cater to korean customers so they serve the real deal. You dont get the variety here and the quality of restaurants vary, but you can be quite sure they are not serving fusion dishes.

In some of the korean almacens in flores you can buy bags of marinated beef for BBQ. A little pricey, but good.

If you really want to find a good korean BBQ beef restaurant, let me know(pm) and I will ask my relatives for a recommendation.

Whilst Barrio koreano may have better restaurants, you can still find plenty of good enough places around Nazca and Avellaneda...and if you come in the daytime and take the same basic precautions as you would anywhere in BA, there is very little need to be nervous about security.
OK I'm wide open. I will try this area

That is the thing with Korean food, because it hasn't become mainstream like chinese, japanese and thai food, most restaurants are authentic and cater to mostly koreans, but quality like anything else varies. Can you ask your relatives where I can stock up on some korean groceries? Why is flores so dangerous- do people get mugged at knifepoint on the street?

Thanks for the tips. I have aspirations that korean BBQ made with argentine beef will be amazing. If anyone wants to make a trek out to flores, lets go! safety in numbers, right?

The Korean bbq I tried was made with cheap meat cuts.

That is the thing with Korean food, because it hasn't become mainstream like chinese, japanese and thai food, most restaurants are authentic and cater to mostly koreans, but quality like anything else varies. Can you ask your relatives where I can stock up on some korean groceries? Why is flores so dangerous- do people get mugged at knifepoint on the street?

The main are of the Korean place is a block away from a Villa that was famous for Peruvian drug dealers who behaved like Escobar. This villa is the entry door of cocaine into the capital federal.
I have never hear of a robbery in that area but you see people addicted to paco, they remind me the walking dead.
So, it is not a place for going at night.
The 2 best in my opinion are (having Rivadavia on your back and the Villa in front of you) one in Balbastro, half a block to the left. The other on Sarasa half a block to the right from Carabobo. The one in Balbastro has included also the fish soop. Both have bbq and all the small dishes.

Take a look to this thread>
http://baexpats.org/...cs/page__st__50
The pictures with my wife is at the one on Balbastro.

The main are of the Korean place is a block away from a Villa that was famous for Peruvian drug dealers who behaved like Escobar. This villa is the entry door of cocaine into the capital federal.
I have never hear of a robbery in that area but you see people addicted to paco, they remind me the walking dead.
So, it is not a place for going at night.
The 2 best in my opinion are (having Rivadavia on your back and the Villa in front of you) one in Balbastro, half a block to the left. The other on Sarasa half a block to the right from Carabobo. The one in Balbastro has included also the fish soop. Both have bbq and all the small dishes.

Take a look to this thread>
http://baexpats.org/...cs/page__st__50
The pictures with my wife is at the one on Balbastro.
After Escobar was terminated the remainder of the family was granted permission to move to Buenos Aries. They are continuing the family business. I will bet you didn't know that.

Went to Bi-won yesterday. Had the kalbi which was not very flavorful. It wasn't bad, but just ok. There were many different banchan which of course I love, but some of the quality was eh.

Next will have to venture into Flores or Floresta

After Escobar was terminated the remainder of the family was granted permission to move to Buenos Aries. They are continuing the family business. I will bet you didn't know that.

They applied for citizenship but they were rejected because the way of living was dishonest.

However, the band that operates on the Bajo Flores were former Sendero Luminoso terrorist. However, the most violent of them are lucky us, dead.

Went to Bi-won yesterday. Had the kalbi which was not very flavorful. It wasn't bad, but just ok. There were many different banchan which of course I love, but some of the quality was eh.

Next will have to venture into Flores or Floresta

Bi Won is Argentinians orientes. Not spicy at all.

Back