L A N Would Stop All Domestic Flights...!!

This is just the first step .

Aeroparque will be operated by AEROLINEAS in early 2014 . Current operator AA2000 will be compensated to walk away from the management concession.

The other airlines opeerating from Aeroparque will be invited to move to Ezeiza.

Aerolineas IS AA2000.

Aerolineas is owned by the government

AA2000 is majority owned by Corporacion America , controlled by Eduardo Eurnekian - the government has a 20% shareholding

While that may be "technically" true - it's hilarious if you believe the K's don't control AA2000! And inflation is only 9% and the dollar is ARS $5.60 and so on and so...

While that may be "technically" true - it's hilarious if you believe the K's don't control AA2000! And inflation is only 9% and the dollar is ARS $5.60 and so on and so...

Its very clear what the exchange rate and inflation rate are . But the government still does not control AA2000. they have two directors on the main board but all the other key posts are held by executives , close to the Eurnekian family, the main shareholder.

Is Eurnekian close to the Ks? - you bet - just as he has been close to all parties in power over the last few decades!

If I was LAN and K et al did push through with this I would demolish the whole hangar and turn the land it is on into a dump before leaving.

Yes: a contract that is valid until 2023. On top of that LAN also built the hangar at considerable expense and paid US$5 million to maintain it and US$20,00 a month to lease the land on which it sits. There is ZERO legal justification for its confiscation and the government doesn't even go to the trouble of pretending to give any.

You wouldn't want to let a tiny detail like a contract get in the way AeroCámpora's peerless professionalism, would you?

Its very clear what the exchange rate and inflation rate are . But the government still does not control AA2000. they have two directors on the main board but all the other key posts are held by executives , close to the Eurnekian family, the main shareholder.

Is Eurnekian close to the Ks? - you bet - just as he has been close to all parties in power over the last few decades!

Given Eurnekian's comments this morning perhaps I should amend mine and say (with apologies) that you are correct (for now) and that the gov't does not completely control AA2000 (YET).

Yes: a contract that is valid until 2023. On top of that LAN also built the hangar at considerable expense and paid US$5 million to maintain it and US$20,00 a month to lease the land on which it sits. There is ZERO legal justification for its confiscation and the government doesn't even go to the trouble of pretending to give any.
Hmmm, I think I saw this episode elsewhere...? Oh,! I got it. The expropriation of Repsol's operation turf from them to be acquired for the YPF of Argentina..._Historias se repite_ in favour of Argentina..What a beautiful Charade for Ms.K'

Do you think it's a bad idea to purchase LAN tickets to/ from AEP until this has been resolved? Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Back