La Plata Flooding

There's a branch of La Campora on Avenida San Juan and Santiago del Estero, they're collecting stuff for those affected by the flood and asked me to let people know they will be open tomorrow too.

And Red Solidaria is announcing that tomorrow (beginning at 5pm) they'll be collecting donations at the Franz Ferdinand concert at the Planetarium.

I was in front of the Catedral Metropolitana today around 5:30pm-ish when there were a bunch of mattresses and clothes and stuff that was being picked up/dropped off from people who had donated items. Some full grown boy scouts were helping out as well as others. There were news crews and people snapping pictures (I snapped a few myself) and the occasional chants of "Argentina! Argentina! Argentina!" There was definitely a sense of national pride that everyone was pulling together to help those who were hit. It was nice to see.

Anyone reading this thread a volunteer for any of these groups? Im working on a story about the relief effort and would like to interview someone connected with a relief organization. Respond here, or PM me or email.

There's a branch of La Campora on Avenida San Juan and Santiago del Estero, they're collecting stuff for those affected by the flood and asked me to let people know they will be open tomorrow too.

Moreno urged Supermarkets and companies to direct all Donations to the Nestor Kirchener School of Communications at La Plata University , where La Campora distributes the goods.... :rolleyes: A journalist was displaced because , he asked Why are donations distributed by Partisan boys with La Campora Tshirts??? KFC visited that location today.

http://www.infobae.c...-noticiero.html

Back