La Presidenta

@leslie23: what is "no innocent victims" supposed to mean? How about the victim found with a bullet in his head?

You mean the one who was using an Audi that belonging to those he supoused to investigate for covering the Amia attack.

I was thinking about leaving Argentina again, but I think I'll hang out at least until the election. Lurid politics are a fascinating turn on.

Perhaps she will finally achieve the cult status she has so longingly sought.

I believe cult status has been achieved for quite some time now. How would you explain half the country repeating the same speech (or speach) over and over and denying things that are sooo evident?

Here are some signs:

-Proponents/believers make personal attacks against you if you don't accept their claims and/or declare that you are being misleaded by Clarin.

-Proponents/believers call you derogatory names if you question them or express doubt - e.g. cipayo, hater, nazi, oligarca, etc.

-Deny or badly explain away new discoveries that don't fit their ideologies. They are also allowed to play the "me quiero ir" card. See Lorenzino, Hernan.

-See everything in black and white - if you're not with them (and therefore one of the "good guys"), you're an enemy and one of the "bad guys" (e.g. opo, cacerolo, desestabilizador, golpista, you do not support democracy blah blah).

-Won't tolerate criticism and sweep bad experiences or failures under the rug. E.g. "it happens in every country".

-Vehemently deny being brainwashed and/or give a bizarre and illogical explanation as to why they aren't brainwashed despite displaying a great number of symptoms.

The only bad thing about this cult is that, instead of committing mass suicide, they are going to kills us normal people first. :cool:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Articles 0
V Expat Life 13
Back