La Salada Comes To Palermo... Av Santa Fe 3535 ...hurraaahhh

Rich One

Registered
http://www.infobae.com/2014/12/17/1615714-la-instalacion-la-salada-palermo-genera-rechazos-y-amenazas

Friends of Ave, Santa Fe Committee objected to the Landing of la Salada Clothing Fair to Palermo....!!

Google Translation of relevant segments.

".........On the rejection of traders, the administrator of La Salada considered I'ts motivated because they are "afraid" because we come to compete with good prices. "We have bread at $ 8 medialunas at $ 10 Pan Dulce at $ 15,"

"There is a something very unusual on this objectiobs, the Santa Fe Avenue businesses are starving while at La Salada we hit records: this year our sales rose nearly 50% ," Castillo commented that yesterday 450 buses loaded with customers came to La Salada to shop.

Finally the administrator charged that "there are famous name brands that buy in La Salada, change the labels and then sell in Santa Fe Avenue expensive Boutiques, I will not rat on names but this is real".

I live on the next block.
I for one do not want it at all!Many more people and more "chorros"(thieves) I am sure of this! I of course would love to have "decent"food at fair prices but I am afriad this will not be the case. trafiic already is a mess there and you can imagine the throngs of people already crowding a crowded street! I don't buy clothing here so I really will not take advantage of this. For me it is a huge disappointment

Yeah, doesn't sound like a good thing, it is already so busy and filled with stores. And the whole point of La Salada prices, or wholesale prices, is that they are cheap because they are on cheap real estate... So if they can afford to rent in an expensive part of town, and keep the same prices, they cannot be paying market price for the rental. And clearly, a large par to the operation is probably in the black. Plus, the guy says some really bad stuff in the article...

Yeah, doesn't sound like a good thing, it is already so busy and filled with stores. And the whole point of La Salada prices, or wholesale prices, is that they are cheap because they are on cheap real estate... So if they can afford to rent in an expensive part of town, and keep the same prices, they cannot be paying market price for the rental. And clearly, a large par to the operation is probably in the black. Plus, the guy says some really bad stuff in the article...

Yeahh . Some uniformed landlord is leasing the Space at a fire sale bargain price....! :wub:

Dear Palermo,

For such a long time it seemed you felt you were different to us (and let's be honest, that very showy friendship with that quatro strumming neo-psychobolche son-of-a-Columbian-powder-baron hipster child who came down to study business but ended up pursuing clowning as a profession wasn't convincing anyone) so today we rejoice, a new member of the family, a new brother, to our dear Palermo, never forget that there is always room for another to suckle at the ample bosom of la pachamama.

Welcome to Latin America.

Besos,

Patria Grande

P.S. Do you know how I can get in contact with Puerto Madero?

There's a "Saladita" type place right down the street from us that opens on weekends. It's good for buying bootleg movies and that's about it... but people congregate there like it's some kind of family weekend outing.

Just so inspiring to see the walls tumbling down and see Palermo, like the US, return to the brotherhood of man after years of isolation.

[whistling fades in]
Hordes of cumbieros
In the Planetario
Listening to the wind of change
A December summer night
NIMBYs lament their plight
Listening to the wind of change

The world is closing in
Did you ever think
That we could be so close like brothers
The kombucha's in the air
Can smell it everywhere
It's blowing with the wind of change

Take me to the magic of the moment
On a glory night
Where the chorros of tomorrow dream away
In the wind of change

Walking down the street
hipsters on fixies
Are buried in the past forever
The aluvión zoologico
Is down in the botanico
Hustling to get some change

On a glory night
Where the chorros of tomorrow dream away
In the wind of change

The wind of change
Blows strong and is a brownish yellow
it carries with it the faintest
whiff of Riachuelo
Let your bandoneon sing
What my quatro wants to say

On a glory night
Where the chorros of tomorrow share their dreams
With you and me

Point of order: Baexpats By-Laws call for a week with Vital Tony and a pionono colofeed for each Scorpions song posted.

Back