land of the selfish - Part 2

oh, yes, sorry, the positive things...When the pampero blows, the air in BA is a bit more bearable...you may even spot some blue at the sky.
If you put enough salt and sauces on the meat it doesn't taste that bad.And if you are really, really drunk...well, the girls don't look that terrible.

"malbec" said:
And if you are really, really drunk...well, the girls don't look that terrible.
Dammit, I knew I was doing something wrong: I just had to hit the bottle with greater vigor.
It's difficult for an Argentinian to understand the disappointment and sense of anticlimax for a foreigner visiting Argentina for the first time. After all, the Argie grew up in the place and has no illusions about it. But a foreigner -- well, that's different. For almost thirty years I'd wanted to visit Argentina. I got my first visa back in 1978, but couldn't go because of paucity of funds. But the romance and allure of distant Argentina! Buenos Aires the Paris of the South! And then to arrive in Argentina .... You've summed it up well in your next-to-last post thought; I suspect *polite cough* that you wrote tongue-in-cheek and exaggerated a wee bit (but never mind). You won't find lengthy diatribes against Lagos because everyone expects it to be a dump (which it is). So some of the negative comments you find here can perhaps be attributed to the shattering of illusions, to an El Dorado which turned out to be nothing more than a mirage.

"malbec" said:
Yes, we argentinians should lower our heads, swallow our pride and

finally admit that we are the noisiest, dirtiest and most arrogant

people in the world (sorry, I forgot we are the most corrupt people in

the World too) and unable to run the country...we don't know how to

make business, we are condemned to cows and wheat, and the fumes! oh,

and the exhaust gases! and we are very very lazy (probably the laziest

nationality in the World), our employees are the worst in the World,

our food is disgusting (some of the posters wrote that maybe...there is

a remote possibility...perhaps...the *cough* meat *cough* is not that

bad), we are the most unhappy people in the world (as revealed by that

high number of psycologists), the worst drivers ever, we wait around

the corner until pedestrians are on our way and then...! our girls are

not that nice-looking after all, beer sucks, the wines are becoming

more expensive, appts are crap, there are no happy couples in the

country, infidelity is rampant, the country is not that cheap after all

(being cheap almost being the less negative aspect), it rains dog s_hit

all over, clothing is overpriced, ohhhh, I almost forgot criminality:

the most violent city in the World, the smoking is probably worse than

in all other countries together, we are just uncivilised ugly creatures

who want to cut the heads of all foreigners living in the country,

expropiate all foreign-owned estancias...and we are the most ungrateful

people in the World for not accepting the solutions to all our evils

proposed every year by a dozen experts who pop up and of course know

about our problems much better than we do! Have I mentioned that our

girls are very ugly?
Bwahahahhahaha rotflol!!! You cracked me up man!

Why don't you all go back home? They miss the obnoxious, xenophobic, superiority complex ranting desperately. I joined this site to share with others the trials and tribulations of life in a different country, and learn from shared experiences. Certainly not to play GOD (or WOLF for that matter). This is a disgrace.

just because you live in argentina you can profess other emotions other than complete awe .
Yes its a stunning country with the best variety of scenery on this planet .
Yes the beef and wine is the best
Yes Buenos Aires is a attractive city.
But stay for 3 years in Buenos Aires and see how the system works here and then you will have a very different idea of argentine culture

"ramon" said:
just because you live in argentina you can profess other emotions other than complete awe.
Not according to the self-appointed Thought Police. You have freedom of expression -- provided it doesn't deviate from their ideas of political correctness. If you commit the heresy of critical and informed opinion, why then -- it's a disgrace! Send these heretics packing back home! I note with interest that such comments come typically not from Argentinians but from North Americans. So much for dissent and criticism. They may as well consign us to some gulag.
Everyone is free to express his opinions on this forum (within certain limits of civility defined by the moderators). That includes the self-appointed thought policemen. If the views of some posters they find repugnant, they can go find some other place whose dull and conformist views accord more closely with their own.

"bigbadwolf" said:
Everyone is free to express his opinions on this forum (within certain limits of civility defined by the moderators). That includes the self-appointed thought policemen. If the views of some posters they find repugnant, they can go find some other place whose dull and conformist views accord more closely with their own.
I couldn't have said it better myself

One thing I really like here is the fact that the rap and hip-hop culture really hasn't caught on. This is one thing I'm dreading when I go back to the States. I don't see kids here walking down the street with their pants down and underwear hanging out. And there's not a lot of a bling, sideways baseball caps, sub-wolfers in the backs of cars vibrating your house, and bands of youths standing on the corners looking at you like they want to kill you. Of course, I haven't been to all the neighborhoods here. But I generally get the feeling that the rap culture is not taking off here. And this is not a race issue. I've been in many places in the world where rap culture is taking over. And in the U.S., it's black and white people I'm talking about who are embracing it with everything they have.

Although it's really hard to get statistics, around a million to 1.2 million Argentines live abroad.
Statistics are even more clouded because many Argentines have dual-nationality.
The number of Argentines in Spain declined in 2005 but this bogus offcourse, but many that arrived or having been living in the country now are Spanish citizen or live in Spain on a European pasport.
Spanish citizen are not considered foreingners anymore and most immigrants left in the time frame of 2000 to 2004 and they will be due for Spanish citizenship, thus lowering the Argentines in Spain.
Italy has similar problems

And to give some reply to the topic starter. There is no future whatsoever in Argentina.
It's a great party to smoke, fuck, eat, drink and go to soccer games but not a lot else.

Back