land of the selfish - Part 2

"bigbadwolf" said:
"The sooner Argentinians stop playing make-believe and trying to emulate a bygone Europe, and wake up to the new global realities, the better. But I'm sceptical that they can do so. " Bigbadwolf said.
You still don't get it man... The Indians were killed jus as they were in the US! Travel the country for yourself go to Patagonia, Cordoba and so many other places!!!
Northern population in Argentina amounts to roughly 10% of the total population of the nation.
See the phone books, read Chatwing "What am I doing here?" You have no clue about Argentinian immigration influx. The big grow or current came between 1880 and 1945. Before 1880 Argentina was a desolate nation of a few million. Please read more.
For all it's worth you seem to have all answers for a country that you barely know. Knowing who these people are have been the hardest thing they have ever tried to solve. I guess for you all CIA facts and many other studies are just dellusional works. 'nuff said can't talk to a person who keeps his head in the sand.

"bigbadwolf" said:
"Probably more than 500,000 Argentinians live abroad -- many of them undocumented. At the moment, official figures concerning emigration and the HDI are suspect. Argentina isn't "feeding" foreigners; on the contrary, most foreigners are pumping money into the economy." Bigbadwolf said.
Based on what bigbadwolf are you saying that "probably more than 500,000 argentinians are living abroad? When you leave the country you are not "ilegal" but your exiting the country is recorded.
And as for the foreigners pumping money into the economy is very naive to say so, they do so 'cause the get RETURNS! No one, not even the nicest person in the world would just pump money as you so naively put it. I'm always amazed at the simplicity of people's thinking! Cheers!

I don't understand what "40% of european genes" means. Apparently bbw refers to some study of race-specific genetic markers, it would be nice to have a link if it is published somewhere.
According to this article from Human Rights Documentation Center, only population of arab descent is estimated at 3.5 millions. That alone makes 97% fugure unlikely.

tennis your facts are highly dubious at best. I happen to live in Buenos Aires in a area full of armenians and arabs . Just these two groups have over 2 milllion descendants in Argentina . Is the middle east europe ?
Also you are denying the huge amounts of japanese descendants living in Buenos Aires . Are they also european?

Pericles go check INDEC, if you know what that stands for, or CIA fact sheet and so on and so forth. Also you can go to many of the public libraries in BA and research for yourself. So the dubious claim is out of line and a very lightly used term. I thought that someone with a name such as the great greek Pericles would know best.
Here are some links:
http://www.library.uu.nl/wesp/populstat/Americas/argentig.htm
http://www.argentinacenter.com/argentina.html
http://www.argentinacenter.com/argentina.html
Hope this helps clarify that I'm not dubious...
Cheers

Tennis I do not go by hearsay I go by the realities around me , Are you denying the 2 million middle eastern descendants their heritage here in argentina. Are you also denying the huge japanese population their heritage as well.!
The link that you demonstrated here said that the gross domestic product of each argentina was 12500 american do llars per person. I know very very few people who earn that wage here . I ask you to do a survey in argentina and see if those facts that you profess to be 100 percent true are valid

Pericles, the GDP does not equal IPC, which you seem to be confusing. As for research and statistics, yes I take those anytime over your observations.
And by the way it said: Gross Domestic Product: USD 7550 per capita and not 12,500 as you said so what can i say if you don't even write the correct figures you just read?

"igor" said:
I don't understand what "40% of european genes" means. Apparently bbw refers to some study of race-specific genetic markers, it would be nice to have a link if it is published somewhere.
According to this article from Human Rights Documentation Center, only population of arab descent is estimated at 3.5 millions. That alone makes 97% fugure unlikely.
Igor, I have to look for the study. What I have found so far is this:
http://muse.jhu.edu/cgi-bin/access.cgi?uri=/journals/human_biology/v076/76.4marignac.pdf
Regarding autosomal evidence of admixture, the relative European, native American, and West African genetic contributions to the gene pool of La Plata were estimated to be 67.55%, 25.9%, and 6.5%, respectively.

Maybe this link helps too http://www.eargentinahotels.com/factsheet.html it refers to 97% white people of all origins. Also it's a good idea to check CIA fact book, INDEC, and many other groups.
The link I was referring to Tennis is this one that you touted here as being completely accurate. Check them out for yourself before making innacurate comments

Back