Landline voice mail

TomAtAlki

Registered
I have a landline telephone at my apartment with voicemail.

Can someone instruct me on how to access the voice mail, how to listen to my messages and how to change my out going message. I am pretty much non Spanish understanding so by the numbers would be appreciated. Thanks. Tom

TomAtAlki said:
I have a landline telephone at my apartment with voicemail.

Can someone instruct me on how to access the voice mail, how to listen to my messages and how to change my out going message. I am pretty much non Spanish understanding so by the numbers would be appreciated. Thanks. Tom

It will probably depend on the actual phone you have (assuming its built into the phone) or is it a service provided by the phone company?

If you are renting an apartment, best to contact the agency and ask them..

It is my apartment and I'm talking about the service provided by the phone company.
Since there is only one phone company I assume that the wat to use the voice mail is the same.

Depends who your carrier is. I believe with mine, when I set it up, I had to dial *123# and then set up a password. When I need to access my voicemail, I still dial *123#, then my 4 digit access code, then # again.

citygirl said:
Depends who your carrier is. I believe with mine, when I set it up, I had to dial *123# and then set up a password. When I need to access my voicemail, I still dial *123#, then my 4 digit access code, then # again.

That's what I understand too. It may be that Tom's is a fresh, clean, new phone account and the access code needs to be set up or, as seems pretty common here, if he 'inherited' the phone account from the previous occupier or even the one before that, it may already have been activated. Once you get past the access code then everything is on a menu system. If you can't get to that, in my opinion it will probably involve contacting the previous resident or the phone company

If I am not wrong, you can dial 114 and that will automatically connect you with your phone company customer attention. However, I am not sure if they´ll have a proper service in English.

Get a Spanish-speaking friend and have him say he's you -otherwise the phone company won't help you.

Have in hand your latest phone bill, and call the phone company. When you hear the menu select "Nuevos servicios" - it's the only way to get a live body at the other end of the line.

Say you want to set up your code. They will ask for a special number from your LAST BILL as verification that you are really you. Once they have that, they will tell you exactly how to set up your code.

After that it is easy: just punch *123# and then your code, and you'll be able to pick up messages.

Good luck...!

Sara

Back