Lasik recommendations?

RobinsonGO said:
Thanks for the info. My eyes are horrible. My prescription is negative 5.5 and 6.0 for my contacts. I have been very interested in Lasik. Just waiting for a job to give me insurance to get it done, but if these are the results, well why trade glasses for glasses after a bunch of cash. Thanks. :(

Robinson -- don't even dare to think that your vision is "horrible" at 5.5 / 6.0! It's barely even bad!

I'm -8.5 and -10.5 and I'm not considered operating. Johnson & Johnson contact lenses I believe currently go up to -14 and they are improving all the time.

I have frankly heard more poor results than good. One of my friends gave Lasik to himself as his 30th birthday present, loves it -- but 5 years have gone by, will have to ask him if he's still happy.

Other than that I've heard a lot of people with halo effects, night vision poor, reading glasses, and dry eye (I already have dry eye so my doctor told me look, until lenses are not even an option, I wouldn't bother). My sister's colleague operated with a very well-known Toronto area doctor and unfortunately for her within 3 months she was back using glasses (she is a surgeon, so can't work with less than perfect vision).

I don't know, I would LOVE to be able to read a book without glasses, LOVE to be able to get up in the morning and see no problem, but at the same time I'm still happy to keep going with the lenses until I'm out of options (I've been wearing them for 22 years now and no problems yet, that's a track record I can count on....)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Expat Life 10
A Expat Life 0
B Expat Life 0
Back