Latam To Heathrow?

Gringoboy

Registered
Anyone had any experience flying Aeroparque/Sao Paulo/Heathrow with Latam?
We're considering it for a trip in a few months and it seems to be around 300 USD cheaper than BA/Iberia from EZE.

Anyone had any experience flying Aeroparque/Sao Paulo/Heathrow with Latam?
We're considering it for a trip in a few months and it seems to be around 300 USD cheaper than BA/Iberia from EZE.

Yes, Gringoboy. Thats what I do every time I have to fly to Europe. Its a superb flight - the one between Sao paulo to Heathrow...arriving at 1315 or something in the afternoon in LHR.

Crew on this flight is Brazilian and extremely polite and friendly. Food is decent and flight on time.

Tickets via Brazil are often cheaper as Brazilian law restricts how big a full surcharge the airlines can actually charge you.

Last year I gota great deal from Iguazu ( Brazilian side ) via Rio and back in to Ezeiza.

From 3 January 2017 British Airways will operate four flights a week leaving from London Heathrow (LHR) to Santiago, Chile. With a flight time of 14 hours 40 minutes, Santiago will become British Airway's lengthiest route.

Average Price US $705

worth trying EZE/SCL/LHR...? See Farecompare link below for a COMPLETE review.

http://www.farecompa...1192518:s#quote

From 3 January 2017 British Airways will operate four flights a week leaving from London Heathrow (LHR) to Santiago, Chile. With a flight time of 14 hours 40 minutes, Santiago will become British Airway's lengthiest route.

Average Price US $705

worth trying EZE/SCL/LHR...? See Farecompare link below for a COMPLETE review.

http://www.farecompa...1192518:s#quote

That's a very good fare but what about the BA to Santiago cost?

Inotherwords it;s a separate fare unrelated to the Santiago-Heathrow fare?

Inotherwords it;s a separate fare unrelated to the Santiago-Heathrow fare?

I just quoted the SCL/LHR average fare... You may get a quote multidestination EZE/SCL/LHR for the date you are interested...!
It may work for persons that have to go to Santiago anyhow... or want to take the bus to Santiago. :D
Two independent fares may work out if you get a One Way ticket to Santiago..! Let your fingers do the walking.

As this is what I do for a living let me add in my two cents.
You basically have 2 options:
  • Make 2 separate tickets, BUE-SCL-BUE and SCL-LHR-SCL. You'll be paying the cost for both of those tickets separately.
  • Make 1 ticket, with the "feeder" flights as part of the same itinerary (passenger name record or PNR in our lingo) and ticket as the "main" segment.
Each option has advantages and drawbacks.

If you make 2 separate tickets:
  • You may save money. If you get a good deal on both routes (705 USD is pretty amazing), even adding the cost of the BsAs-Santiago trip it may be cheaper in the end than a single itinerary - whether direct or with stops.
  • You need to be careful, though, with the following:
    • The trips have nothing to do with each other. You'll need to pass through Chilean immigration, collect your bags, pass through Chilean customs, and go to the departures hall to recheck everything.
    • If one flight gets delayed, the other airline will not care.
      • As far as they are concerned, you missed your flight. Whose fault that is - a previous flight of yours was delayed, your car broke down on the expressway, you'd gotten into an argument with your spouse, whatever - is irrelevant to them.
      • Unless very lucky, you may well have to pay for the change fee, plus any fare difference between the flight you were booked on and the one you'll be taking. Given any number of factors, which are beyond the scope of this post, this difference alone may be astronomical. Double what you paid originally is far from impossible.
      • Oh, and if you don't advise the second airline before the scheduled departure, and get marked as a no-show, you are liable to lose the ticket altogether. I've seen this happen and it ain't pretty.
    • So between the 2 factors above, if you do choose to make separate tickets, you will be wise to leave ample time - I'd say 6 hours minimum - between the flights.
If you combine everything into one ticket, assuming it's a configuration the airlines allow (LAN and British should work, in principle), then:
  • The above problems will not exist: you will not have to pass customs, you will not even see your luggage in Santiago, and if anything goes wrong, say a missed connection - the airlines involved are on the hook to reschedule you on a flight that will get you to your destination ASAP. (How smoothly that works out in practice is another matter, but ultimately you get there).
  • But - for the same reason, and by the same logic - your ticket will be priced assuming the route Buenos Aires-London, not Santiago-London. That you are stopping in Santiago is an implementation detail, not one that concerns the fare. If you want to get the promotional fare from Santiago, your trip must originate in Santiago and you must get to Santiago on your own - with the issues and risks stated above.
Hope this helps.

Back