Laws About Filming In Public, I Dont Want To Violate Laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you are speaking for a crew you need permits. if you are one guy with a little cam and a big ego nobody cares. film on Cecil B de Love

despite the ego attack, violating laws filming police officers, government officials, courthouses, public places is a serious offense in the united states. I dont have an ego, i just want to COMPLY with all laws so i dont wind up in trouble without meaning too. but thank you for commenting.

despite the ego attack, violating laws filming police officers, government officials, courthouses, public places is a serious offense in the united states. I dont have an ego, i just want to COMPLY with all laws so i dont wind up in trouble without meaning too. but thank you for commenting.
You are very right. Here, if it's in a public, open space, you will have no problems. If you happen to be filming police brutality at a plaza, for example, you have every right to do so, given that it is a public space. Don't let cops take away your equipment if that happens! As for interiors, someone here said that they have their own rules. They will usually let you know upon entering and seeing you with a camera. You cannot go into supermarkets in Barrio Chino with a camera, for example (I've been asked to leave my archaic 35mm in lockers). This is mostly because they are private spaces. I'm not sure which interiors will be considered public spaces, though, or what the rules would be in such cases, for that matter. That's a bit tricky and it would be interesting to find out.

Your Id and Superego must feel very lonely

No superego, ive been harassed allot, mostly by people claiming to want to help that are paid to do the opposite. So its important to follow all laws no matter where you go!
You are very right. Here, if it's in a public, open space, you will have no problems. If you happen to be filming police brutality at a plaza, for example, you have every right to do so, given that it is a public space. Don't let cops take away your equipment if that happens! As for interiors, someone here said that they have their own rules. They will usually let you know upon entering and seeing you with a camera. You cannot go into supermarkets in Barrio Chino with a camera, for example (I've been asked to leave my archaic 35mm in lockers). This is mostly because they are private spaces. I'm not sure which interiors will be considered public spaces, though, or what the rules would be in such cases, for that matter. That's a bit tricky and it would be interesting to find out.

Staying out off trouble in a time where countries pay people to be shills, atttack others needlessly and attack their character requires staying up to date on laws. After all people abuse power all the time, so its stupid not to know what the laws are.

I heard from an acquaintance who once got into trouble with the cops for taking pictures of some buildings (can't remember which). It turns out they were just trying to get some dollars out of unsuspecting tourists. As far as I know, you can photograph anything without any problems with the law.

It is definitely illegal to photograph any building that is used for Jewish activities (eg synagogue, school, community centre). For obvious historic reasons. Sorry, can't quote the appropriate code. But at a minimum you will be asked to remove the photos from your camera if you get seen doing it.

It is definitely illegal to photograph any building that is used for Jewish activities (eg synagogue, school, community centre). For obvious historic reasons. Sorry, can't quote the appropriate code. But at a minimum you will be asked to remove the photos from your camera if you get seen doing it.

Thanks

A little misleading. Several years ago, I photographed the former AMIA site, though I did so with their permission (and they vetted me first). That said, the police around Jewish community sites will dissuade you from doing so, though not all sites are so protected (I recall one in San Telmo with nothing to deter anybody from anything).

A French photographer was stabbed to death when he resisted thieves trying to take his camera at Plaza San Martin in 2012. Be very careful filming in public places in Buenos Aires. There is more to be concerned about that if it is legal or not.

A French photographer was stabbed to death when he resisted thieves trying to take his camera at Plaza San Martin in 2012. Be very careful filming in public places in Buenos Aires. There is more to be concerned about that if it is legal or not.

There is no item is worth dying for, and you always have to beware of your surroundings. Luckily the cameras i use dont look expensive. Id hate to have a confrontation with some thugs trying to eat by stealing peoples worthless junk. At any rate thanks for the warning!

No ego huh. What is a love god [and who cares]. Anyway, in Argentina laws apply to very little in reality and are interpreted differently by all who are in charge of applying them filp a coin and focus that 70 MM cam at the Rosada. And film on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back