lawyer advice

vo

Registered
Hi there, Ive been living in bs as for a little while n had a brief relationship with an argy guy. We got an apt together that was rented by him and in his name, I agreed to share it. Then things were going horribly n I decided to go back to my country. I offered to pay 1/2 of the rent for 2 more months to help him up. Then once in europe I went for a vacation and didnt had access to my mail , he knew it.

At my return I found a bunch of his emails going from normal to psychotic. What s more he wrote insults on my count on the public wall of facebook of 2 friend of mine..saying i was decepting him, that i owned him monay, he put my phone number, and also insulted a girl( puta, bruta, ignorante volvite a tu pais ) that did a comment about what he wrote .
In some email directed to me and to 2 other friends of mine he calls me bitch, drug addict he says I was taking cocaine with my breakfast and then again before going to the gym in the afternoon, that i was aggressive and had behaviourial problems, that i was lesbian and i was sleeping with my cousine ( a girl) when she was staying in our apt...and much more than that! he also invented that i had money problems and was living in an horrible apt in boedo ( my apt was in ALVEAR and he has been staying in my apt for more then a month) > The guy is a total psychopatic ( he is seeing a therapist since he is 12, takes medicaments daily...) the funny things is that he works for the governament :eek:
anyway i would like to sue him for vilification but not sure how to do it given the fact that im in europe!!!

thanx

Imposible

Close your account, open it up in a few weeks and get on with your life

BlahBlah said:
Why isn't there a ThumbsUp icon? I wanted to place 10 here for the sensible advice.

!!!!!!!!!! (you'll have to live with improvised ThumbsUp).

BlahBlah said:
Imposible

is that the advice of a lawyer???

No, a sensible one

You can also open up a new one with an account like your middle name, so that people can still find you. i.e. John Alexender Doe

I think it's also possbible to cut of the posibilities of finding your account with the search engine but you probally don't want that

P.S. Mob squad :')

the thing is that this psychotic keep stalking me n my friends, inventing things, ive assisted to a phone call he did to a friend of mine last night, we were on skype n she put the speakerphone on..the guy is totally psycho, I knew he has been seeing a terapist n taking a medicament called meridian 20 since he was 12 ( he s 25 now) but God, he s creating a creepy big lie about me and my friends, yesterday he was talking about my mother trying to commit suicide n that then she was in a swiss clinic to cure her sickness, that i was a lesbian and drug addict that he lost the number of my dealer...etc etc...
I would love to punish this idiot, and humiliate him publicly as he also works in the government ( he s doing a sort of internship in the ministerio de relaciones internacionales) ...so he deserve everyone to know how sick he is!! Ive already blocked him on FB, and put him in my junk mail but he keeps bothering people close to me...
his ex girlfriend dumped him and disappeared so im sure he probably did something similar!

In San Rafael it is a national pass time to make up lies about other people and vilify them.. Both Argentines and Expats. not evey one but a lot of people say horrible things about each other. There is one rumor that got back to me about me and it was not a bit true. some one just made some thing awful up. they lie to pass the time that way. As for an attorney I have not found one I trust in the states as well as Argentine. ( no offense) You could be just letting some on in your life that wants your money. this guys will get sick and go away eventually... if you are lucky

I have heard many similar stories of argentinian men, but what is interesting is that women have the reputation of being hysyterical. Fortunately, even though I have been in BsAs for a few years, I haven't encountered that, but then again I haven't really found that many portenos I can truly relate to. I just wonder, and hope you don't take this offensively, what did you find in that person? How long did it take you to notice that he wasn't normal?

I am not a lawyer, but I come from a family full of lawyers and have several friends who are lawyers here. From everything I have heard, I don't think there is much you can do. In Argentina liability for libel doesn't really exist. You are two options are to avoid him or to have an all out war.

flyfreely said:
I have heard many similar stories of argentinian men, but what is interesting is that women have the reputation of being hysyterical. Fortunately, even though I have been in BsAs for a few years, I haven't encountered that, but then again I haven't really found that many portenos I can truly relate to. I just wonder, and hope you don't take this offensively, what did you find in that person? How long did it take you to notice that he wasn't normal?

I am not a lawyer, but I come from a family full of lawyers and have several friends who are lawyers here. From everything I have heard, I don't think there is much you can do. In Argentina liability for libel doesn't really exist. You are two options are to avoid him or to have an all out war.

well you are right...I should have realized that the guy wasnt normal as soon as ive noticed the first strange behaviors . The problem is that the moment i had him figured out he had already involved me in too many things, especially his family. He invited me for his birthday after few days we met and there was only the family at the table, not friends involved.. then my friend told me that for argentine this is normal and there s nothing too compromising about it..but it wasn t that way...I felt trapped and didnt know how to handle it as i didnt want to be unpolite. But Ive tried slowly to detach from them , avoiding invitations etc, avoiding the family , the friends etc. till the point when i was so desperate that i had a friend coming to bs as to help me up to move back to europe....The thing is that he has been behaving normally till he was sure I was his girlfriend and had me leaving my apt to get a place with him, the moment we enter in the new place he changed his personality complitely , I also have the doubt that he s a repressed homosexual. The way he starded moving, talking , behaving ....very creepy.
I think u r also right on the fact that meybe its better to let him say whatever till the point he will get tired of it. Im not giving this idiot any sort of feedback. Argentina is a very strange country, they don t recognize the basics laws like privacy , libel etc..
anyway thanks so much for ur advice , u have been very lucky not to meet someone like this guy!! Ive heard similar story too..thanx god im back in europe!! Ive been living in different countries and nothing ever happened to me! I guess freaks are back :0

Back