LCD tv's

scotttswan

Registered
So looking at LCD tv's and it seems that these are still almost half the price in Chile and Uruguay has them about a quarter of the price cheaper too.

This Philips 42" and this JVC 42" at $4.499 pesos seem to be the two best offers i can find (considering there are better models going for around u$s 500 in the states, they're still not that great an offer!)

Even with shipping and taxes the shops must be making crazy profits on these, anyone know of a better place to buy LCD's etc?

My mate in London managed to get a good deal going to the small independent places on Tottenham court road a while back and pricing stores against each other. Are there shops like that here?

Has anyone imported a TV from the states? any problems doing that etc?

Cheers

Looking at falabella in Chile it seems i could buy 2 tickets with lan, fly out there and buy a better model of tv and pay the 50% tax on it when i return for less money than it costs to buy one here....

Am i missing something?

scotttswan said:
Looking at falabella in Chile it seems i could buy 2 tickets with lan, fly out there and buy a better model of tv and pay the 50% tax on it when i return for less money than it costs to buy one here....

Am i missing something?

you buy two and I can buy one from you!!

jayjane said:
Sounds like you have a business opportunity in the making here.;)

there was a website in the uk called letsbuyit.com or something similar that basically got a bunch of people together to import stuff. It didn't work out there but i wonder if it could work here.

would certainly be a lot better than that "mule" site....

Agreed. That mule site doesn't seem like it's at all in the best interest of the person doing all the actual work.

scotttswan said:
there was a website in the uk called letsbuyit.com or something similar that basically got a bunch of people together to import stuff. It didn't work out there but i wonder if it could work here.

would certainly be a lot better than that "mule" site....

Back