Learning Spanish? Beta Test A New Method For Free

MizzMarr

Registered
Hi all! I used to be a frequent poster on this site while I was living in Buenos Aires. I left BsAs last January to go to Chile to participate in a program there called "Start Up Chile" for our language learning project. We've been a lot slower to develop than we'd have liked, but we're now accepting beta testers! Take a look at the explainer video at http://www.loogla.com and if this sounds like something you'd like to try, please sign up to test it out for free!

All the best to you all, wherever you are, and happy holidays! :D

Hi. Well all that sounded interesting, so I tried to sign up. I even wrote a big long story in response to the questions that came up. But all I got in response was:

"
Server Error in '/' Application.

String or binary data would be truncated.
The statement has been terminated.

Plus a lot of other junk.

Oh dear. Just thought you would want to know.

La Fleur

"
Server Error in '/' Application.

String or binary data would be truncated.
The statement has been terminated.

Not knowing anything about the site, but knowing SQL database errors when I see them, I'd say that one of the stories you wrote was a bit too long for the field in the database and the application doesn't put a maximum character limit on the user interface field and the internal server bits (hopefully a business and data layer) are not handling the error correctly :)

Congratulations! You are already serving as a beta tester and doing a great job, I'd think ::thumbsup::

El Queso has it right, these kinds of error reports are invaluable to us. Thank you, La Fleur! I appreciate knowing this, we've had this happen once before when someone wrote a long story in the comments fields. We're working to fix it for good right now! Please do try to sign up again and we'll get you rolling (hopefully without any other bugs!)!

Thank you, ElQueso! We are excited about it and want to get as many eyeballs on it as we possibly can in the hopes that it takes off!

Oh, and for the record: this platform is geared towards intermediate and advanced students, not beginners (since the market is already flooded with beginner materials we're aiming at what was missing and what WE wanted when we were learning Spanish).

Thanks to those signing up for the Beta so far! Just to let you all know that we're developing some orientation videos that should be done within a day or two that will overview the navigating the platform and how to best use the system. Don't miss out on being a beta tester for free!.

Hi, it's me again! I wanted to let you all know that based on the awesome feedback we've been getting from our beta testers, we have implemented some cool changes and new functionality to the system. If you want to get your Spanish to the next level, don't miss the opportunity to sign up for this cool new way to learn for free!

Back